Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I have a chance to test drive and buy a new 2022 SEL venue and for some reason I'm very apprehensive about it.

I've watched videos on YouTube, red countless articles about it, and read a lot of posts on this forum. But I'm just not sure if I should pull the trigger and buy one.

It seems everyone is pretty happy on this form with their venues, so at the risk of sounding wishy-washy, should I go for it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To make a decision you can live with, you have to figure out what is the 'General Mission' you are getting the vehicle , your, family size and of course your budget.
Like with a pair of shoes you have to feel it fits you well.

I've had mine for a few days only, which is a 2022 Venue with 6 Speed Manual Transmission; it drives great, it has enough space for 2 people and a bunch of gear with the back seats folded; or 4 people and some gear in the small trunk (remember is a compact car). And with the 1.6 engine it should give you good gas mileage.
For me it will be my Weekend Car to go Grocery Shopping and get to local Hiking spots. And plan to drive it in summer for longer trips.
What attracted me to the Venue is it looks great (my opinion), it has good standard features, even in the Basic Trim and I wanted the Manual Transmission (my choice), and if you can negotiate a good price for it; it's a very good value.

I think the Venue is a great option for a City/Commuter Car that you can also use for longer drives if you choose so. And if you don't drive it with a lead foot it will make you smile when you spend less money at the pump each time you fuel it; and according to user's manual it's ok to use regular octane gas (87), not premium stuff that is more expensive.

I'd say test drive it again, put it to it's paces and figure out if you want to buy it.
Thanks!
To make a decision you can live with, you have to figure out what is the 'General Mission' you are getting the vehicle , your, family size and of course your budget.

I've had mine for a few days only, which is a 2022 Venue with 6 Speed Manual Transmission; it drives great, it has enough space for 2 people and a bunch of gear with the back seats folded; or 4 people and some gear in the small trunk (remember is a compact car). And with the 1.6 engine it should give you good gas mileage.
For me it will be my Weekend Car to go Grocery Shopping and get to local Hiking spots. And plan to drive it in summer for longer trips.
What attracted me to the Venue is it looks great (my opinion), it has good standard features, even in the Basic Trim and I wanted the Manual Transmission (my choice), and if you can negotiate a good price for it; it's a very good value.

I think the Venue is a great option for a City/Commuter Car that you can also use for longer drives if you choose so. And if you don't drive it with a lead foot it will make you smile when you spend less money at the pump each time you fuel it; and according to user's manual it's ok to use regular octane gas (87), not premium stuff that is more expensive.

I'd say test drive it again, put it to it's paces and figure out if you want to buy it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What's making you apprehensive? Is there a specific concern that you're unsure about?
What made me the most apprehensive was everything I was reading and watching and videos about how the car was not good on the highway as far as passing and getting up a good speed.

But I have to tell you I did buy one Tuesday night and I took it on the highway and put it in sports mode and was very pleased with his performance.
What's making you apprehensive? Is there a specific concern that you're unsure about?
What made me the most apprehensive was from watching all the videos and reading the comments about how it wasn't that good on the highway as far as passing and getting up a good speed.

But I have to tell you I did buy one Tuesday night and I took it on a highway and I was pleased with the way it performed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You might like it better if you put it into Sport Mode. I don't have that (I have the manual transmission) but I've heard that it gives you better acceleration. Of course, at the cost of worse gas mileage.
Yes I eventually bought one and I did go on the highway and try to sport mode and you're right it does make it much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts