Hyundai Venue Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I paid US$15,400 + tax/tags for my 2020 SE 6-sp, so that is a great price you are getting in Canada, eh? Hell, if I wanted to I could sell mine for about $2K more than I paid because of the high demand for clean used cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought a 2022 limited galactic grey in Chicago area but it has a Ivt I don’t know if everyone has this but I have a little delay on acceleration other than that I love this car it is sporty I got 37 miles a gallon in town and 40 on the highway
but I do not like the ivt as much as I thought it would it scares me when I try to accelerate from a stop sometimes

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was glad to have gotten one of the last 6-speed models available in the U.S. The Canadians (lucky dogs) have somehow been allowed to keep ordering that configuration.

a little naturally aspirated engine needs revs to generate useful torque and by revving the engine choosing your shift points you can get up and go. Plus, it’s kinda fun.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is my first crossover/compact SUV, I came from a two door sports coupe that was low. I'm used to the higher driving position now. I commute anywhere from 50-100 miles daily for work, I've taken my car on long road trips that are 8-hourish, no complaints. I wish the trunk was a little bit bigger. For a LONG road trip + luggage for 4 adults, you'll definitely need a roof cargo box. It's kept up without a hitch (80-90mph). It's as reliable as it can be (owned it for nearly a year now, with 12k miles on the ODO)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just bought a 2022 limited galactic grey in Chicago area but it has a Ivt I don’t know if everyone has this but I have a little delay on acceleration other than that I love this car it is sporty I got 37 miles a gallon in town and 40 on the highway
but I do not like the ivt as much as I thought it would it scares me when I try to accelerate from a stop sometimes
You might like it better if you put it into Sport Mode. I don't have that (I have the manual transmission) but I've heard that it gives you better acceleration. Of course, at the cost of worse gas mileage.

·
Registered
2022 Venue Essential - 6 Speed Manual - Polar white
50 Posts
I was glad to have gotten one of the last 6-speed models available in the U.S. The Canadians (lucky dogs) have somehow been allowed to keep ordering that configuration.

a little naturally aspirated engine needs revs to generate useful torque and by revving the engine choosing your shift points you can get up and go. Plus, it’s kinda fun.
You got it! That's why I chose the 6 Speeder so I can Shift when I want to; power band on that engine is good in the 3500-4500 RPM Range (4500 being Max Torque Point according to specs).

The Hyundai Lineup in USA is different than in Canada for some reason(s); don't know why in the US they decided to take away the 6 Speeder as a Factory order option, since the Venue as far as I know is manufactured in South Korea for the US/Canada Markets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What's making you apprehensive? Is there a specific concern that you're unsure about?
What made me the most apprehensive was everything I was reading and watching and videos about how the car was not good on the highway as far as passing and getting up a good speed.

But I have to tell you I did buy one Tuesday night and I took it on the highway and put it in sports mode and was very pleased with his performance.
What's making you apprehensive? Is there a specific concern that you're unsure about?
What made me the most apprehensive was from watching all the videos and reading the comments about how it wasn't that good on the highway as far as passing and getting up a good speed.

But I have to tell you I did buy one Tuesday night and I took it on a highway and I was pleased with the way it performed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You might like it better if you put it into Sport Mode. I don't have that (I have the manual transmission) but I've heard that it gives you better acceleration. Of course, at the cost of worse gas mileage.
Yes I eventually bought one and I did go on the highway and try to sport mode and you're right it does make it much better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes I eventually bought one and I did go on the highway and try to sport mode and you're right it does make it much better.
Congrats on your purchase. You will love it even more as time goes by -- a combination of utility (cargo space), high seating position relative to a sedan (ease of getting in/out), and fuel economy. Plus it's one of the least pricey vehicles on the market.

Oh, and plus the best and longest warranty in the car biz. If you live in an area with bad weather, the "snow mode" on the CVT will come in handy. I get through crap regular cars can't with the snow mode and SUV-like ground clearance. Neighbor lady has a newer Civic sedan. She couldn't even back out of her space here at the apartment complex. I easily get through it.

I shopped Corolla sedans, and the Venue was a no-brainer. Less pricey, better seating position, more cargo room, so on.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
326 Posts
What Engine/Trim? I didn't even think the Diesel got that great of MPG?
That display is not accurate immediately after a fill up since that's when it auto resets and it takes some miles for data to build up again. The telltale when you see a pic making a very high fuel economy claim is the full fuel tank and high miles to empty estimate. A better reference for current fuel economy would be the Drive info display.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts