Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is experiencing info screen problems. Rear camera not stopping, when driving forward, screen going blank and coming back on.
It has happened about 4 or 5 times since our 12 month service in Dec 2021 when I assume a software or maps update was done.
It ceases when car is turned off and back on again!
I know others in the US/CANADA have experienced this as well and I'd appreciate if you could share the resolution to the issue?
Thanks
Peter

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
I can only speak to Canada and my dealer. On my 1 year service an infotainment update was available and they didn't offer to install it. Hyundai Canada sent me an email informing of the availability of the update and installation instructions. I suppose I could have paid them to install it but I did it myself. Under the Canadian warranty the infotainment system is warranty covered for 36 months/60,000km.
Your system may be covered by your warranty. I wouldn't mess with it and would get the dealer to repair it under warranty.
However, if you want to try something easy, disconnect the battery negative cable for a few minutes to drain all power from the electronics. If the power reset doesn't fix it. You could try a more risky procedure, re-flash the latest firmware for your country/model to refresh the software. The problem with that, given your issues, if the system kicks out in the middle of the flash, you could be left with a brick.
You most likely have a hardware problem in the unit. Best bet is to try and get dealer to fix it under warranty. More than likely the entire head unit will be replaced and your old one will be sent to a repair center to be refurbished and put back in stock.

Registered
I have the same intermittent issue on my 2020 Venue in Australia. Happens about once a week. It started (I think) after updating the firmware in May 2021. Usually happens if I'm dropping someone off and waiting for them in the car without me getting out and when they return, I need to reverse for a short distance to get out on the road. If I just open the door with the ignition off, while waiting for them, it usually doesn't happen. Weird. I just use Google maps and ignore it. Next time I turn off and back on the problem has gone. But if you find a resolution I would be interested. Before last years update I didn't have a problem.

Registered
Twice now my display has gone nuts... jittering, switching between screens rapidly and just generally acting as if it's possessed. Next time it happens I'll take video so I can show the guys at the dealership that this is a real thing.

Registered
Ahh, bit far to travel from Sydney.
Never mind, I shall make a video and try the same with my local dealer.
Thx
But if an update on the situation if you鈥檙e considering doing the same as I did, going to take 3 months to get a replacement system and screen to the dealership as it鈥檚 third party and not manufactured by hyundai. It鈥檚 been about 3 weeks and screen is getting worse and worse. Stuck like this for a while today
Sky Cloud Output device Automotive design Gadget

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Evening,
Having the same issue.
Provided video evidence but also happened whilst with dealership.
We had zero issues until we had a power steering issue and lost a host of safety features.

Waiting for dealer to contact us once new unit has arrived.
Adelaide

Registered
If it ain鈥檛 broke, don鈥檛 update it.
Never had an issue with my nav unit and until that changes or wireless CarPlay is added (like it should have been from the beginning), I will stick with the factory software.

Registered
2022 Venue SEL (USA) - "Hydo"
If it ain鈥檛 broke, don鈥檛 update it.
Never had an issue with my nav unit and until that changes or wireless CarPlay is added (like it should have been from the beginning), I will stick with the factory software.
You don鈥檛 have wireless CP/AA on your Venue? What year and trim level is yous?

Registered
I have a 2021 SEL with wireless CC/AA, and it's been reliable. It was kinda buggy under my old Android phone but I got an iPhone 2 months ago. Apple Car Play is a lot nicer than Android Auto, though granted my Android phone was through Consumer Cellular (resells AT&T service) while my iPhone is under a regular AT&T account, so that might have something to do with it.

I don't have the "luxury" options package so no built-in navigation. But the Apple Maps through my iPhone has been great. Also, I keep a 2-3-year-old updated Garmin GPS in the storage bin on the armrest as a backup.

I have never updated the firmware. I wonder if it's only a problem for the cars with navigation?

Registered
Wireless CarPlay is not available on the top trim level with nav. Why, I have no idea. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔
2021 denim
I think it has something to do with the touchscreen panels. The top trim has the larger touchscreen and apparently, those were developed before the wireless CP/AA came out. Kinda weird, it seems it'd be an easy add-on for Hyundai? Unless the wireless capability is built into the panel?

You can just plug your phone into the USB jack, though, and it'd charge your phone. I always leave a lightning cable plugged into my USB jack for charging anyway.

Registered
We have Struggled with the info Screen and Apple play .
It constantly disconnects The phone,Goes black and disconnect the navigation.
We have a 2021 venue and it has been at the dealership 5x since it was a month old for this issue. We changed the infocenter and that did not help. In addition the center roof light intermentally will not come on. I personally think there's an electrical issue.The dealers are individually owned and Hyundai has no clout. I changed dealerships in hopes that a different service department would have better Success. Personally I think Hyundai is a terrible company to deal with. I have filed a claim with the BBB and the state of CA requesting arbitration under the lemon law. This has been distracting and dangerous at times while driving.

Registered
We have Struggled with the info Screen and Apple play .
It constantly disconnects The phone,Goes black and disconnect the navigation.
We have a 2021 venue and it has been at the dealership 5x since it was a month old for this issue. We changed the infocenter and that did not help. In addition the center roof light intermentally will not come on. I personally think there's an electrical issue.The dealers are individually owned and Hyundai has no clout. I changed dealerships in hopes that a different service department would have better Success. Personally I think Hyundai is a terrible company to deal with. I have filed a claim with the BBB and the state of CA requesting arbitration under the lemon law. This has been distracting and dangerous at times while driving.
Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your experiences. I used to have an Android phone on Consumer Cellular network (uses AT&T towers), and the Android Car Play was pretty crappy. Now I have an Apple iPhone and full AT&T (no middleman), and it's been 500% better.

Maybe your cell carrier might be the cuplprit? I think mine was.

But then again with the electrical issue, your Venue's issue might be a witing problem -- intermittent loss of power to some vital component in the infotainment system as well as the light.

Good luck with the lemom law. Sounds like you have a great shot at getting your money back and buying another vehicle. I'd probably go with a Toyota or Honda -- both of which have cool little SUV's.

Ford Bronco Sport is really cool, but they're like $10k more than a Venue -- might be out of your price range.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts