Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long have many of you had to change the interior air filter especially if you're living in a area where you're almost always driving on paved roads and not living where there's factories etc. giving off excess dirty things into the atmosphere.

where I live and drive I'd say the only thing in the air that my filter would filter would be pollen and some dust that I wouldn't see except what is mixed in with the normal dirt you get on the outside of your vehicle...I've had my Venue for at least 4 months and what I've noticed is that things like my dash are spotless from dust and my interior windows are very clean where as in my cars that are much older the interior would never be as clean as my Venue until it cleaned those vehicles at least once a month, and it would be dust on things like a dash and the interior windows would have a bit of a film on them...I'm sure the filter has a lot to do with why my interior of my Venue.is so clean...where I live we will have snow very soon and it will last most times into April and then in the spring we'll be getting into heavy pollen and then I'll have a look at it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've had my venue for very nearly three years, and I don't think the cabin filter has been changed at all. I take it to the dealer once a year (I only drive about 3000 miles a year) and let them do whatever they think necessary. If they changed the cabin filter, they didn't mention it to me.

Almost all my driving is urban streets. So I get plenty of urban grit, but no country road pollen or things like that.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
456 Posts
Canadian Hyundai manual says 16k kilometers or 12 months. Sooner if you notice a musty smell or reduced airflow from the blower fan.
You could always take a look at the filter and decide if it needs changing. Here's how...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had my venue for very nearly three years, and I don't think the cabin filter has been changed at all. I take it to the dealer once a year (I only drive about 3000 miles a year) and let them do whatever they think necessary. If they changed the cabin filter, they didn't mention it to me.

Almost all my driving is urban streets. So I get plenty of urban grit, but no country road pollen or things like that.
If you have the long warranty and the maintenance warranty they may have likely have changed it at least once a year.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Service will only include oil change, oil filter change, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection."
the US Hyundai warranty is longer and comes with the car going by what many in the US have stated here, it's different here in Canada along with the extra warranties we can purchase here in Canada.
the air filter in Canada extra maintenance warranty is covered for $2980 and is for 84 months...here's the site

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the US Hyundai warranty is longer and comes with the car going by what many in the US have stated here, it's different here in Canada along with the extra warranties we can purchase here in Canada.
the air filter in Canada extra maintenance warranty is covered for $2980 and is for 84 months...here's the site
when you go to the site keep clicking on the build site till you get to the extended warranty section.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I know the difference between USA vs Canada factory warranty. I posted the link above to avoid confusion and show what is included with the USA complimentary maintenance program...This is a quote from it..."Service will only include oil change, oil filter change, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection."

·
Registered
482 Posts
I know the difference between USA vs Canada factory warranty. I posted the link above to avoid confusion and show what is included with the USA complimentary maintenance program...This is a quote from it..."Service will only include oil change, oil filter change, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection."
I don't have the complimentary maintenance program. I bought my Venue before they instituted that (and before they jacked up the price by several hundred dollars, so I think I'm still money ahead).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have the complimentary maintenance program. I bought my Venue before they instituted that (and before they jacked up the price by several hundred dollars, so I think I'm still money ahead).
if you were to checkout all the extended plans we have in Canada it can get pretty expensive because they do cover a lot of things, but unless a person was to put a lot of mileage on their vehicle then if something big went wrong that was going to cost you a lot of money, especially the cost of a large number of labor hours then it might be worth it...even for those who would lease a vehicle there's an extra cost warranty for leasing, which can get very expensive if you don't return the vehicle in almost new like condition...as well for my own way and time of life, being 75, I will gamble on the standard warranty because of the low mileage that I'll be putting on and the way that I maintain my vehicles, and because of my age, the Venue might out live me. 🤣

1 - 12 of 12 Posts