Hyundai Venue Forum banner

Intermittent blank screen

37K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  La colorá 
My Infotainment screen has gone completely blank twice since I bought my 2021 Venue Essentials. When it happens the bluetooth still automatically connects and it will play music, but the screen is completely blank, it's not even backlit. The backup camera doesn't appear on the screen either which is REALLY irritating. The only way to resolve it both times was to shut the vehicle off, then turn back on (reboot). The dashboard is not affected at all, all lights still work on the dash, I'm just talking about the infotainment screen.
I Googled this, and I found the same issue is happening to Hyundai Santa Fe owners as well. Some of them say that it only happened a couple times and never happened again, others were able to get the entire head unit replaced under warranty. They recommend getting the fault on video and send it to the dealer (I never thought of that). So next time it happens, I will capture it on video and bring it in.
I also am experiencing info screen problems. Rear camera not stopping, screen going blank and coming back on. It started with the first map update. I reloaded maps but still is screwed up. Happen again today 7-11-2021. Anyone able to cure this or have had it fixed at the dealer?