Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some extra time and was sick of seeing the amber glow in my white/silver housings.
Before
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood

Couldn't find LEDs for rear turn signals at that point. Just stopped by autozone to use what they had.
Sleeve Font Gas Auto part Machine

These were amazing for the light on the fender.
Just reach back there and push in the locking tab, the whole assembly slides out.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Grille

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Soo much more clean looking. Looks great with the white roof/mirrors/accents
I tried these Sylvania below for the front turn signals. They ended up producing less light than the factory filament bulb. I would avoid these if possible.
Liquid Font Gas Fluid Nickel

Ended up ordering matching front/rears below from Amazon. These were stupid bright and look better for $3 ea. Wrapped front turn signal assemblies too (also Amazon lol)
When installing the front turn signals be aware there are two staggered bumps on the sides that lock the bulb in place. The bulbs will only go in when lined up to the guide on the proper side of the socket. Push down and twist left to unlock or right to lock. The turn signal sockets have power supplied from contacts in the assembly, no need to disconnect anything just twist out of assembly.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Asphalt
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle Hood

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door

I do have hyperflash now (flashes faster but can be fixed with resistors to match old bulbs) but it doesn't bother me in the least. If anything it makes my signals more noticeable on top of being brighter than stock bulbs. No light warnings on dash.
For reference to others the oem bulbs are as follows
Front turn signal 2357A
Side marker turn signal 194A (any 12v5w amber peanut bulb is fine there is no factory mark)
Rear turn signal 1156A
After wrap pic
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
That's awesome!

I really like the side marker pictures.
I was thinking about upgrading them to these. They sorta have a sequential type of flashing like those sequential mustang tail lights.

Peripheral Output device Font Screenshot Gadget

As for the Head light tints, I was thinking of tinting the square headlights yellow, or amber to give it a kind of a Kia Telluride Look.
Tint companies have them pre-cut, and I just haven't pulled the trigger.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's awesome!

I really like the side marker pictures.
I was thinking about upgrading them to these. They sorta have a sequential type of flashing like those sequential mustang tail lights.

View attachment 826

As for the Head light tints, I was thinking of tinting the square headlights yellow, or amber to give it a kind of a Kia Telluride Look.
Tint companies have them pre-cut, and I just haven't pulled the trigger.
If the side markers fit I wouldnt hesitate lol i didnt want to tint the headlights because i like the clean white led look and didnt want to take away from that crisp visibility i have night driving . But it would definately be cool to see either way.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
Darn it.
I thought the housing would be normal looking like on other Hyundai side markers.
I did not think that they would be this specific.

Sky Automotive mirror Snow Slope Gas

I guess the next best thing for me is to update them to LEDs as well.
I wonder if they sell them with built-in resistors instead of installing them separately.
My quick search did not show anything so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts