Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Venue Limited
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what other people paid to license and register their Venue. I’m paying $2250 for mine in NE including the Lincoln wheel tax that doesn’t help with our roads having nasty potholes. What are other states charging?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The taxes each buyer pays depends on the State sales tax in the state in which they reside. Same with the license, each State sets the annual license/registration fee so it really makes no sense to compare what you paid in relationship to others.

·
Registered
289 Posts
In Illinois I pay about a hundred bucks every year for state registration (which gets me a sticker for my license plate). And I pay about eighty bucks to the city of Chicago for a "city sticker" which goes in the windshield. I don't remember what I paid in sales tax when I bought the car, but our general sales tax is around 10% so I'm sure it was obscene.

·
Registered
2022 Venue Limited
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The taxes each buyer pays depends on the State sales tax in the state in which they reside. Same with the license, each State sets the annual license/registration fee so it really makes no sense to compare what you paid in relationship to others.
I know that it wouldn't really make a difference to compare, I was just interested to see what types of taxes other states or cities are charging to license.

·
Registered
2022 Venue Limited
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Illinois I pay about a hundred bucks every year for state registration (which gets me a sticker for my license plate). And I pay about eighty bucks to the city of Chicago for a "city sticker" which goes in the windshield. I don't remember what I paid in sales tax when I bought the car, but our general sales tax is around 10% so I'm sure it was obscene.
Wow and I thought our 7.25% was a little ridiculous. I think I also pay about 150 for the yearly tag on the license plate, but we don't have a city tag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts