Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Now I'm not a current Venue owner but I'm in the market for a new car and the Venue is one of three I'm looking into pulling the trigger on. The only problem is I can't find the info I'm looking for and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I take camping trips all the time and typically would take tents and all that but I realized since I'm getting a new vehicle, I want to turn it into a camper. Problem is, I fear the Venue is too short for me(I'm ~6') to lay down non-diagonally. My problem is there is not a single person in either a video review on youtube or a written review that has measured from the back of the front seats pushed all the way forward to the latch of the trunk. I've wasted soooo much time trying to find this information and I swear to god not one person doing a review has decided to measure the exact length nor could I find it on a spec sheet anywhere.

I was hoping someone could take the measurement or if they've done what I'm attempting themselves, give me the info I'm looking for. Thanks.

*If it makes it easier, I'm trying to basically accomplish this

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm 5'10", and it was uncomfortable to camp in the rear cargo.
The rear seats do not fold 100% flat. The seats are kinda thick. There is a very slight angle.
The rear hatch is hard to open from the inside. You need to poke a latch with your keys to open the hatch from the inside (VERY WEIRD). No automatic liftgate on the key fob, too.
Getting out on the side doors is hard, too.

In a bind, I don't mind camping there, but it is what it is.

I think the Kia Soul would be better suited for that. Those things are spacious boxes.
Or, you are better off with an actual bigger suv.

I can send you specific pictures and measurements of the Venue if you still want. Let me know.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd go out and measure mine for you, but it's under two feet of snow right now!

However, looking at the picture below, I would guestimate that the available sleeping space would be from about the middle of the door handle to as far back as the top of the rear window; maybe a bit further. Measuring that on my screen with a ruler, it is about 45 mm of the picture; the full length of the car measures to 110 mm (the picture; not the real car!)

Since the full length of the real car is known to be 159 inches, that means my estimated sleeping space would be (45/110)*159 = 65 inches, or about 5 feet 5 inches.

Not looking good for a six-foot human to stretch out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is that fourth picture the length? If so, it verifies my 65 inch estimate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all

Now I'm not a current Venue owner but I'm in the market for a new car and the Venue is one of three I'm looking into pulling the trigger on. The only problem is I can't find the info I'm looking for and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I take camping trips all the time and typically would take tents and all that but I realized since I'm getting a new vehicle, I want to turn it into a camper. Problem is, I fear the Venue is too short for me(I'm ~6') to lay down non-diagonally. My problem is there is not a single person in either a video review on youtube or a written review that has measured from the back of the front seats pushed all the way forward to the latch of the trunk. I've wasted soooo much time trying to find this information and I swear to god not one person doing a review has decided to measure the exact length nor could I find it on a spec sheet anywhere.

I was hoping someone could take the measurement or if they've done what I'm attempting themselves, give me the info I'm looking for. Thanks.

View attachment 298
Hi all

View attachment 298
I just measured my 2021 Venue and with the front seats moved forward and tilted forward this is what I measured: behind the drivers seat straight back is 67 inches. strangely the passenger seat is 65 inches. the passenger seat does not move forward as far as the drivers seat. Diagonally, 76 inches. My idea is to tow a small covered travel trailer that is light enough to pull with the venue. I may have to build one out of aluminum if I cannot find one small enough. yes there is a commercially built trailer hitch available. I am told it has a 200lb max tongue weight. the trailer dimensions that I want is 6'X8' with 4' inside height. I think your inside camping idea is doable. I really like my Venue. the main reason is the phenomenal mileage. I just turned 1500 miles on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts