Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Venue Essential - 6 Speed Manual - Polar white
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Venue comes with this Metal Loop under the Rear Bumper ? I guess is used to secure the car for Transport from the factory.
I wonder if this point can be used for something else.
I looked at Owner's Manual but can't find anything there.
I know is not to use it as an attachment point for an after market towing hitch since the Manual is clear they don't recommend to tow a trailer.
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper Rim

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's the rear tow hook for when the car needs to be towed or pulled onto a flatbed truck. The only hitch to tow a trailer, you'll need to look at the Uhaul page, they have an official hitch you'll have to install to the rear bash bar (located behind/under the rear bumper)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses. I’ll look into the U-Haul tow hitch.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
103 Posts
Rockauto has a hitch accessory.
While the owners manual states towing is not recommended, it also states that when towing the lane keep assist needs to be turned off. I'd suggest that you check with Hyundai to see it towing might affect the new car warranty.
Prices in US dollars...top one, $169.89 Bottom one $191.79
Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel Electric blue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rockauto has a hitch accessory.
While the owners manual states towing is not recommended, it also states that when towing the lane keep assist needs to be turned off. I'd suggest that you check with Hyundai to see it towing might affect the new car warranty.
Prices in US dollars...top one, $169.89 Bottom one $191.79
View attachment 1096
Cool! Those seem to be great options. I’ve been just exploring the idea to add a hitch mostly to connect a Bicycle rack. And yes, always good to verify Warranty stuff before doing modifications that might void it.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts