Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put a wireless charger on top of the glove compartment and need to get one of this little cover in the picture (not to break the original and play around with an aftermarket one) and maybe how to get there from the USB charger behind the dashboard. The idea is to drill a hole in the little door and put it back.
My venue has GPS integrated so I don't really need the android auto and that is not a pic of my car :D.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
293 Posts
You can pop the cover off on the glove compartment piece.
Adjust the wire(s).
Then, put the cover back.
There is enough room for the wire(s) to fit through the crevice.
There is no need to drill on it.

Photo below for illustration purposes.
The led wire was fed through that small piece so it is clean and hidden.
Motor vehicle Purple Light Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adjust the wire(s).

View attachment 860
Thanks, will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Adjust the wire(s).

View attachment 860
I didn't realize there was even a door there in the upper open glove compartment area, what's it for?

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
I didn't realize there was even a door there in the upper open glove compartment area, what's it for?
Behind that cover/door, there is a bolt, probably connected to the frame or something.
I am not sure if that bolt is needed to be removed to detach the passenger dashboard.
I didn't bother to find out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Behind that cover/door, there is a bolt, probably connected to the frame or something.
I am not sure if that bolt is needed to be removed to detach the passenger dashboard.
I didn't bother to find out.
Did you take a picture? I just need to pass a cable if there is some space. How did you pull it out? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
My car looks like a warzone due to currently unfinished car projects! (mobile studio project, digital rearview project and etc.)
We might need to call back-up.

Nicedream, can you provide some pics/guide for Alberto?

Let me see if I can take some pics this weekend if I finish the projects.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
75 Posts
My car looks like a warzone due to currently unfinished car projects! (mobile studio project, digital rearview project and etc.)

Alberto....Are you saying that you want to drill through that little piece so that the wire for the charger goes through it?
I suppose you could do that, although I think there are probably ways to add wireless charging that would be cleaner and wouldn't require drilling through anything.

Me personally: I added a wireless charger to the tray in the center console by buying a wireless charging receiver made for 12V input.
I just had to trim a small plastic tab on the underside of the tray, and tap into the power that already goes to the 12V outlet. It's completely hidden, and you would never know the panel is a charger unless you set your phone down there.
This is the one I used, but there are plenty of others: 13.18US $ 20% OFF|DIY Wireless Charger Accessories SmartPhone DIY Qi Standard Wireless Charging Coil Receiver Module Circuit Board Charger|Mobile Phone Chargers| - AliExpress
Just a warning with these: I've never found one that gives me the really fast charging speeds, like the Pixel or Samsung chargers. Figure that you'll get 500mA - 1000mA.

Another option is to obtain one of the wireless chargers that's specifically made for the Venue. Unfortunately it may be difficult because I haven't found any in the American market yet, but there are a few sites in India that I've seen offering them, and Hyundai of Australia sells one that's an "official" accessory: Wireless Inductive Phone Charger - Part no. HYK2A88APH00

(Didn't we just have a member from Australia join the forum? Maybe it's time for a group buy?)

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
75 Posts

Back to Alberto's plan:

Alberto, If you do decide that drilling through the little panel is the way you want to go.....

The panel pops out on a little hinge on the left side. Behind it are 2 bolts that secure the dash to the cross bar.
Automotive lighting Hood Camera lens Bumper Vehicle door
The part number for this piece is 847C9-K2000-NNB
BUT I would order a spare and make sure I had it in my hands before I drilled anything.
The reason I say this is because I have ordered Hyundai parts before only to be told a few days later that it wasn't available, and it would really suck to change your mind later and have to live with a hole in your dash, or buy a whole new dashboard.

Another tip: if you didn't already know, the glove compartment is very easy to remove. Just press in the two tabs/stoppers on each side and pull it out.
Trunk Automotive tire Automotive exterior Hood Electrical wiring

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back to Alberto's plan:

Alberto, If you do decide that drilling through the little panel is the way you want to go.....

The panel pops out on a little hinge on the left side. Behind it are 2 bolts that secure the dash to the cross bar.
View attachment 868
The part number for this piece is 847C9-K2000-NNB
BUT I would order a spare and make sure I had it in my hands before I drilled anything.
The reason I say this is because I have ordered Hyundai parts before only to be told a few days later that it wasn't available, and it would really suck to change your mind later and have to live with a hole in your dash, or buy a whole new dashboard.

Another tip: if you didn't already know, the glove compartment is very easy to remove. Just press in the two tabs/stoppers on each side and pull it out.
View attachment 869
Thank you so much, I will drill on the one to be ordered so I can keep the original. Is a though for this wireless charger. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do you connect into the USB wiring? I've also wanted to add Wireless charging and the Wireless Android Auto the 2021 Ultimate doesn't have it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do you connect into the USB wiring? I've also wanted to add Wireless charging and the Wireless Android Auto the 2021 Ultimate doesn't have it
You just buy a USB wireless charger pad and thats the simplest way to go.

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
He is not tapping the USB connection.

He is literally going to plug his Wireless Charger Wire to the USB Connection.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts