Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 green apple SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had installed today the new cross bars the dealership had ordered for me. Plus I ordered some storage options for it from Amazon as well as scratch protectors for the inside of my door to protect from my dog (pics of those 2 still to come).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Super cool upgrade. You must be a kayaker, canoer, skier, snowboarder? Though the cross rails would also be handy for a handyman who needs to haul a ladder sometimes. Also, people who want to put a storage pod/bag on top.

The roof rack was the main reason I went with the SEL over the SE.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks good dude!
I think the more black you get on that green, the better it will look.

·
Registered
2021 green apple SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super cool upgrade. You must be a kayaker, canoer, skier, snowboarder? Though the cross rails would also be handy for a handyman who needs to haul a ladder sometimes. Also, people who want to put a storage pod/bag on top.

The roof rack was the main reason I went with the SEL over the SE.
I'm a kayaker. I still need to put my j cradles on but it will be much easier to transport it than before.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't have the rails or the cross bars, but I wish I did. They would be very handy when the time comes to bring that Christmas Tree home from the Home Depot!

As it is, I throw an old army blanket on the roof and wrap a rope around the tree and in and out of the doorways. Then slam the doors to hold them in place.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't have the rails or the cross bars, but I wish I did. They would be very handy when the time comes to bring that Christmas Tree home from the Home Depot!

As it is, I throw an old army blanket on the roof and wrap a rope around the tree and in and out of the doorways. Then slam the doors to hold them in place.
Or just go on etrailer.com and buy a hitch for the Venue. It's rated to tow up to 1,700 pounds so plenty enough for a Christmas tree or a myriad of other stuff with a $300 Harbor Freight trailer or a used small trailer. Then you can keep your Venue's exterior scratch free and the inside clean.

etrailer has the hitch and wiring harness for like $250 total.

Hyundai Kona hitch install

This is for the Kona, but etrailer includes instructions for specific vehicles. I am about to order the hitch for my Venue. I got one for my previous vehicles -- Ford Focus and Honda CRV. Should be about the same for the Venue.

etrailer had vids for the Focus and CRV. I imagine they will make one for Venue soon. It's only been out 2 years, so that's probably why they haven't made a video yet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Or just go on etrailer.com and buy a hitch for the Venue. It's rated to tow up to 1,700 pounds so plenty enough for a Christmas tree or a myriad of other stuff with a $300 Harbor Freight trailer or a used small trailer. Then you can keep your Venue's exterior scratch free and the inside clean......
Good tip! Thanks.......

·
Registered
2021 green apple SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's where my hitch was ordered. I haven't installed it yet but my sister got me a hook up on a cheaper price. Can't wait to install it.

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
294 Posts
They sell them online for 2k.
I think I saw some people sell it used for half-off locally, although hard to come by.

The LEDs are DIY, unfortunately.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts