Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New mats arrived with stitching to match body colour...got to get some velcro or something to hold them securely in place. I think the front cell phone pockets are a nice touch.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Registered
Those are great. They will protect your carpeting from all that snow, ice, mud, etc.. Where did you get them?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are great. They will protect your carpeting from all that snow, ice, mud, etc.. Where did you get them?
Bought from this link. They are made of leather look polyurethane and foam. Took about a month to arrive. Follow the instructions to ask for them to make for Venue. I also asked them to to close in the area around the gas pedal. I guess on the other side of the planet the gas pedals attach to the floor. They did that as you can see in my photos. The driver side mat could have been a little wider, the mat going over the hump in the back seat was made too high and the part that goes under the front seat wasn't notched out for the rear heat/ac vents. I folded the mat in that area and tucked it under the vent. There are many sellers offering these mats so look around you may find a lower price. This seller was the only one I found that lsted the blue thread.

Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020鈩
That mat is way too close to the gas pedal 馃槻
These international retailers tend to make universal floor mats, and just say it custom fits with every car model in the world.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I transferred the hold downs from the factory mats to the new ones to keep them solidly in place.

Registered
A few years ago there was an off duty highway patrol officer and his family who died in a car wreck due to floor mats. They had a newer Lexus I think it was. The mats had a tendency to move forward and bunch up near the gas pedal -- pressing down on the gas. Lexus had issued a recall to correct it before this incident, but this guy didn't get or read the recall letter I guess.

Anyway on the highway the car was speeding up and the brakes lost the battle I guess. He probably held the brakes down until the pads were worn away. He called 911 on his cell phone for help. I guess they were going like 120 mph, and he was swerving around to avoid cars and had to go on the shoulder.

He ended up leaving the road at about 140 and hit a mound of dirt and went airborne for like 2000 meters or so and landed. They all died. The CHP trooper, his wife, his 2 kids. Sad.

I would hope my first instinct would've been to reach down and pull the floor mats back. Too bad the 911 operator didn't suggest that. I think the 911 operator did tell him to put the car in Park, but being a modern car it wouldn't allow him to to protect the tranny. Probably neutral would've worked?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few years ago there was an off duty highway patrol officer and his family who died in a car wreck due to floor mats. They had a newer Lexus I think it was. The mats had a tendency to move forward and bunch up near the gas pedal -- pressing down on the gas. Lexus had issued a recall to correct it before this incident, but this guy didn't get or read the recall letter I guess.

Anyway on the highway the car was speeding up and the brakes lost the battle I guess. He probably held the brakes down until the pads were worn away. He called 911 on his cell phone for help. I guess they were going like 120 mph, and he was swerving around to avoid cars and had to go on the shoulder.

He ended up leaving the road at about 140 and hit a mound of dirt and went airborne for like 2000 meters or so and landed. They all died. The CHP trooper, his wife, his 2 kids. Sad.

I would hope my first instinct would've been to reach down and pull the floor mats back. Too bad the 911 operator didn't suggest that. I think the 911 operator did tell him to put the car in Park, but being a modern car it wouldn't allow him to to protect the tranny. Probably neutral would've worked?
Sad story but that's the kind of accident that forced the car makers to add the hold downs for the mats. These mats are pretty grippy on the bottom. The bottom layer is solid like the factory mats , so water can't get through them. They have many more points sticking out to grab the carpet than the factory mats, so they didn't seem to move but I figured I'd err on the side of caution and fix them in place the same way Hyundai did. It was quite easy. The holders in the mats just snap together. All I had to do was make a small hole in the new mats and snap the clips back together by hitting them with a small rubber mallet. Will be easy to put them back in the factory mats if I ever decide to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts