Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am glad I found this site. We just bought a new 2021 Venue SEL in "Intense Blue" 2 months ago, and I really love it so far. I almost bought a Kia Rio S hatchback, but I decided to go with the Venue because it was only a couple grand more for the Venue SE. But then I got the "you only live once" attitude and decided to go with the SEL.

I like the ride height and ease of entry/exit due to the ground clearance.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
Welcome,

Nice color!

If I am comparing trim levels, I always get the better one because I don't want any doubt in my mind after purchase.

Some people end up spending more to get the features that they should have bought in the first place.
I witnessed someone install a sun-roof on a non sun-roof car (not a venue) because of buyer's remorse
Or like upgrading their wheels to higher trim, because they got the base model 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats on your purchase neighbor!
I’m about 5 months in and love this little guy.
I too enjoy the entry and exit height with the venue. Very old guy friendly!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome,

Nice color!

If I am comparing trim levels, I always get the better one because I don't want any doubt in my mind after purchase.

Some people end up spending more to get the features that they should have bought in the first place.
I witnessed someone install a sun-roof on a non sun-roof car (not a venue) because of buyer's remorse
Or like upgrading their wheels to higher trim, because they got the base model 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️
Yep, SEL is only $1,050 more than SE, but you get so much more equipment -- roof rack, larger wheels/nicer rims, 4 wheel disc brakes, automatic climate control, rear cross-traffic alert. and blind-spot collision warning.

I knew I definitely wanted a roof rack and an aftermarket one would be like $500, so that makes the SEL upgrade only effectively cost $550 extra and includes all the other stuff. Plus an aftermarket one wouldn't look as nice. I imagine the Hyundai dealer could've installed a factory one on a base SE, but that's probably $500 at least.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome aboard! Love the Blue, it's my second favorite color for the Venue.

I always get the bottom-of-the-line trim on a car. Not because I'm a cheapskate (although I am) but because the fewer features you have, the fewer things there are that can go wrong!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard! Love the Blue, it's my second favorite color for the Venue.

I always get the bottom-of-the-line trim on a car. Not because I'm a cheapskate (although I am) but because the fewer features you have, the fewer things there are that can go wrong!
Yep, I hear you there. My mechanic dad always drove basic cars -- Dodges/Plymouths with Slant 6 or his favorite engine -- the 318ci V8. Crank windows, usually no AC. The fanciest car we ever had was a 1982 Imperial that he bought in 1988 to flip. It had the problematic FI system that he removed and he put a carb on it.

I LOVE the Green Apple color! I wanted that color, but the wife wanted the blue, and you know who's gonna win that decision. :) When I was a kid in the 1970s to mid 1980s my mom had a 1973 Plymouth Satellite 9 passenger wagon that they had bought new. It was "Sherwood Forest Green" and was a similar color to the Green Apple. It had the 318ci V8 and the automatic tranny. I can't remember if it had the AC, but it probably did. It did have manual windows and vinyl seats, so I think it was the base model.

Here's us in 1976 with the Plymouth in the background.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum @justin1138!
Congrats on the Venue. What were you driving before?
I had a 2011 Ford Focus S base model sedan that I bought as a CPO Ford in 2014 with 15k miles on it. It had 55k miles when I sold it in 2019 (before the pandemic) to a friend for $3,000. Always had synthetic oil changes, no rust, nearly mint. It'd probably be worth twice that now. :) It had manual windows, mirrors. It did have AT, AC, AM/FM/CD/Aux. No cruise control, and no SYNC, but I just plugged my phone into it for music, podcasts, navigation. It was reliable, never let me down once.

It was "Blue Flame" in color which is sorta the signature Ford color, as it's in their logo. Coincidentally enough it's similar to the Intense Blue of my Venue which is also sort of the Hyundai corporate color.

They also had a CPO 2013 Focus for $3k more, but I knew those had problematic trannies, so I went with the simpler old style 4 speed AT found in the 2008-2011 Focuses. It was great on gas. I took it across the USA a couple times, and it'd get about 41 mpg highway. Around town about 28 or so if memory serves.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have a 2020 Venue SEL with the convenience and premium packages. It is the Scarlet Red Pearl color. I have a little over 9K trouble free miles. I really like the Venue, and am amazed how much tech is built into this vehicle. I had originally wanted the denim model, but my wife wanted a sun roof. The denim model does not come with a sunroof. It has something to do with the white roof color. Best of luck with your new purchase!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am glad I found this site. We just bought a new 2021 Venue SEL in "Intense Blue" 2 months ago, and I really love it so far. I almost bought a Kia Rio S hatchback, but I decided to go with the Venue because it was only a couple grand more for the Venue SE. But then I got the "you only live once" attitude and decided to go with the SEL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have the same exact venue and I love mine also. Congrats to both of us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone,

Good on ya, friend. I did the same thing! Only, I went from thinking I'd soup up an SE to just wanting the SEL...then premium package...then Denim. YOLO was also my justification. First new car I've ever purchased, and I'm turning 40 this year! Call it a mid life treat. And yes, I have some sexy new wheels in the mail already. I'll be sure to share pics.

Anybody want some brand new stock 17's w/tires?

Welcome,

Nice color!

Do it right, or do it twice! I have to customize a car just to make it "feel" like mine. Otherwise, I might feel like that person that wore the exact same outfit to the party!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good on ya, friend. I did the same thing! Only, I went from thinking I'd soup up an SE to just wanting the SEL...then premium package...then Denim. YOLO was also my justification. First new car I've ever purchased, and I'm turning 40 this year! Call it a mid life treat. And yes, I have some sexy new wheels in the mail already. I'll be sure to share pics.

Anybody want some brand new stock 17's w/tires?

Do it right, or do it twice! I have to customize a car just to make it "feel" like mine. Otherwise, I might feel like that person that wore the exact same outfit to the party!
I bet if you post your location, someone on here will buy those for when their original tires are worn out. Also extra rims would be awesome for someone wanting to run a set of snow tires in the winter and all seasons in summer.

Besides the Venue, I am sure they will fit on a myriad of different vehicles. And it's such a beautiful rim design.

I am all for customizing one's vehicle. I am seriously thinking about taking mine to a body shop owner/painter friend of mine and getting everything that isn't "Intense Blue" painted matte black -- logos, rims everything. I am a huge AC/DC fan, so I will perhaps put a logo that says "Back in Black Edition". :)

I can't wait to see your Venue with the new rims.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bet if you post your location, someone on here will buy those for when their original tires are worn out. Also extra rims would be awesome for someone wanting to run a set of snow tires in the winter and all seasons in summer.

Besides the Venue, I am sure they will fit on a myriad of different vehicles. And it's such a beautiful rim design.

I am all for customizing one's vehicle. I am seriously thinking about taking mine to a body shop owner/painter friend of mine and getting everything that isn't "Intense Blue" painted matte black -- logos, rims everything. I am a huge AC/DC fan, so I will perhaps put a logo that says "Back in Black Edition". :)

I can't wait to see your Venue with the new rims.
I love the back in black theme. Badass. My last car was a blacked out hatchback (see pic).
Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Sky

And SAME. I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for these things. Should be wearing the new shoes next week.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
Interesting Combo.
Blue/White/Black

Are you going to add some accents, or more cosmetics?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts