Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new today on this board, I just ordered a 2022 Ultimate in Denin Blue. I've been checking out the Venue since it's introduction and it's going to take the place of my 20 year old Neon. I keep my cars for a very long time and my daily driver before the Neon was a Chrysler Cordoba and it lasted 24 years and like older cars they all will nickle and dime you to death and parts will come from auto wreckers. The Venue suits me for this time of my life because I'm retired and don't have to drive every day to work etc. and when I test drove a Venue at the dealership I was impressed and it meets my needs. It will probably take 6 to 8 weeks to get to the dealership. As I said it's going to be my daily driver, my main car is a 1999 Camaro SS convertible that never sees a winter and is garaged when I'm not driving it and it's just one of 63 build for Canada in 1999. Right now I'm here to learn more about the Venue and being on other boards of other cars boards like this are a value.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to the board!

And I'm impressed that you can keep your cars going for so long. My previous car to the Venue was a Scion xA that I kept for fifteen years, so I also purchase for the long haul. I think the Venue was created for young urban hipsters, yet I think many of the people who buy them are actually older gentlemen like myself!

Anyway, I'm sure you will love your Venue.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the board!

And I'm impressed that you can keep your cars going for so long. My previous car to the Venue was a Scion xA that I kept for fifteen years, so I also purchase for the long haul. I think the Venue was created for young urban hipsters, yet I think many of the people who buy them are actually older gentlemen like myself!

I'm 75 and still love cars like my 1999 Camaro SS, and some of the reasons I picked the Venue and the Ultimate model as my daily driver are not just that I like the over all features of the car but as well because it's a naturally aspirated engine and no turbos etc. to go wrong and still easy enough for me to do the normal things to keep it in proper running order. I've done a lot of maintenance on all my cars over the years and I live about 30 miles from the dealership. As more EV cars come over the next 5 years and more who knows what the supply chain will be like for parts etc. and what will happen with fuel prices and as well I'm thinking of my age and my needs for a daily driver and I'm sure I'll be happy with the Venue.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
190 Posts
Welcome to the board!

I had a 2001 VW Golf just before my Venue. Bought it new and drove it for 20 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.