Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my 2018 Kona 138k miles for a VENUE. The Kona was great averaging a problem free combined 33 mpg.

The VENUE is nice so far with more headroom, but it is short one 12 volt outlet and also lacks an AUX for the Media system.

The second USB is very nice, but the missing AUX is going to force me to use FM to listen to my Sirius

portable radio with lifetime subscription. In my experience, FM tuning has lots of interference instead of AUX. Unless somebody here knows a work around?

I ran additional 12 volt outlets to the battery already.

Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020 馃殫
Welcome to the Venue Forums, ndanaluk!

You can't Sirius XM it via Bluetooth?
Even better, just use the built-in Sirius XM on the Venue (I don't know if you have the package). Just gotta call them to link it.
It might take some time to transition to the new car user interface, though.

Here is an old photo of mine.

Currently, as it sits

- Chicago Ralph

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cannot transfer my Siriusxsub to the car because they only allow 1 transfer, then the lifetime feature expires.

Registered
Welcome aboard!

Can't you download the Sirius XM app to a smartphone and pipe it to the head unit via bluetooth or Android Auto or Apple Car Play?

Registered
Welcome to the dork side brother!! Great looking whip. I almost got the silver. I鈥檓 curious to hear how the Kona-Venue transition goes. I wanted a Kona when they dropped but it just didn鈥檛 feel right.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose, but will eat up my data.
Welcome to the dork side brother!! Great looking whip. I almost got the silver. I鈥檓 curious to hear how the Kona-Venue transition goes. I wanted a Kona when they dropped but it just didn鈥檛 feel right.
The Kona is sportier and more like a sub-compact Tucson. The Venue rides more like a sub-compact wagon or 1990s Explorer. The Kona is easier to u-turn and whip around. The Venue definitely has more headroom than a Kona. My 2.0 Kona had more hp.

For my needs cheaper was better. Got the Kona at a great price 2 years ago. I paid $21k OTD for the Venue including $12,500 cash + well maintained Kona trade-in with 138k miles. The dealership GM said he never saw so many miles on a Kona. Mine were all trouble free..

Hyundai makes a very reliable product these days. I'll take them over Honda any day and they compete with Mazda straight up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think this unit has BlueLink in it? I tried to activate it and there is no BL icon in the media center anywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts