Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I love my 2021 Venue SEL. Even an extra inch of height and one less of length can make or break you driving and parking in NYC. I love the visibility and keep the safety tech running as I do not find it intrusive, but a potential life saver, as I commute often throughout the boroughs of New York City. The design is basic and intuitive. It's the only car I test drove, and I hopped in and chatted with the salesman as I glided through Brooklyn effortlessly. I do love mass transit, but this is a great plan b here in the big city.

Registered
Congratulations. You will love it. Looks like you got the black noir pearl color. The Venue looks great in that color. I didn't even test drive a Venue. Dealer had none on the lot, and they had to dealer trade one in. But I knew I wanted one, so I put a $250 deposit on it and they got me one.

I didn't even test drive any other cars. I briefly considered the Kia Rio hatchback, but it was only 3k less and I wanted an SUV.

Registered
Welcome to the Boards!

The Venue is indeed a great city car. I live in the heart of Chicago, and love squeezing it through tight streets and alleys, and parking in the tiniest of spots.

My wife is from NYC (Queens) and I spent a lot of time there with her before I seduced her to move to Chicago. Could have used a nimble little vehicle instead of the hulking Taurus she owned in those days!

Registered
Nice to have another Venue owner in Metropolitan area, still haven't seen one. My SEL seems to be breaking in some; everything seems to happen quicker and more smoothly. The only issue is it doesn't absorb road bumps that well. Not irritating, just a reminder that there are compromises on this level. I was going up a steep hill on an interstate, and noticed the speedometer was 80. No strain, no engine howl, also not a lot of go power, but enough. Driver seat among the most comfortable of all the 18 cars I've owned. Great car, but I feel so alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts