Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is really an identity issue. There are advantages to larger tires, especially if you want to improve the handling. Might look more aggressive. And a premium brand might improve the ride.
Do remember that the factory ones are pretty generous for car with a sub 160 in length, a 2600 pound weight and a detuned 1.6 engine. As I've mentioned if you would like the look, go for it.
There seems to be rumors of a Venue N.
I suspect if it is produced, you can put the resized tires in your garage, transfer the originals back on and save the upgrades as a backup for the new N you will buy.
The N will probably have the 1.6 turbo which i have in my 2018 Tucson. The 175 hp engine would certainly give a boost to our little cars. And gas prices have got to drop. The phrase "A Hot Venue" has a nice ring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is really an identity issue. There are advantages to larger tires, especially if you want to improve the handling. Might look more aggressive. And a premium brand might improve the ride.
Do remember that the factory ones are pretty generous for car with a sub 160 in length, a 2600 pound weight and a detuned 1.6 engine. As I've mentioned if you would like the look, go for it.
There seems to be rumors of a Venue N.
I suspect if it is produced, you can put the resized tires in your garage, transfer the originals back on and save the upgrades as a backup for the new N you will buy.
The N will probably have the 1.6 turbo which i have in my 2018 Tucson. The 175 hp engine would certainly give a boost to our little cars. And gas prices have got to drop. The phrase "A Hot Venue" has a nice ring.
Thanks for tour recommendation but I’m about selling off this little ugly box I hate it noise IT connectivity steering narrow and soon after couple of months will

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is an interesting comparison of 15" to 19" tire/wheel combos tested on the same car.
Thanks mucho, very comfortable with informative. C & D seem to find the 17 in a useful up grade. Venues above the baseline have 17 in wheels. Possibly a wider tread might add something on a famously winding road. I have yet to push my Venue, although it certainly enjoy its responsiveness on the local twisties but I have no idea of its cornering limits. Perhaps an eager young member of the forum could comment.
So far I find the Venue to be a fun, small car with surprising agility. It ain't no mid 60's Mini cooper.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks mucho, very comfortable with informative. C & D seem to find the 17 in a useful up grade. Venues above the baseline have 17 in wheels. Possibly a wider tread might add something on a famously winding road. I have yet to push my Venue, although it certainly enjoy its responsiveness on the local twisties but I have no idea of its cornering limits. Perhaps an eager young member of the forum could comment.
So far I find the Venue to be a fun, small car with surprising agility. It ain't no mid 60's Mini cooper.

This guy is the only one whom I see push the Venue to the limits, I'm a younging but I don't get it anywhere close to him. I also have grippier tires added to improve handling. The stock tires don't provide much grip at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts