Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always owned used cars and very rarely needed the local garage for help. I thought it was about time in life to own a new car. Found that the Venue had plenty of power (my first car was a Ford Anglia 1 L and about 50HP) The Venue looked good and was of a shape that was very useful (about the same as a hatch-back). With the manual transmission I would have no problem towing a small trailer. (going to the dump, picking-up building supplies, going to Ikea for large purchases , about a 80 KM trip one way) A marvelous car to drive. My Lady liked it so much she also purchase one. Her VW Rabbit was due for replacement. So now we proud owners of two brand new cars, and proud owners of two very drivable cars. We like them

Photo has a little item I made to fetch the mail in.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Registered
Beautiful Venues. The stellar silver is a nice color. Is yours the silver or black one?

Tell us more about your homemade little mail fetcher. Does it have a lawnmower type engine?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive the black Venue. She drives the silver Venue. Both are manual transmissions. The little red "car" is a 1940's Swedish (or Norwegian) design. It is peddle powered but upgraded to 48v electric, hence peddle or electric. Top speed 30km per hour. It is shown as an open car but I did make a hardtop for it. Installs in about two minutes. See Old school velomobile

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was my second car. My first car was an MG TD MK11. Seeing this picture brings back happy memories. The car served me very well. Now long gone but the MG is still with me.
Car Land vehicle Plant Vehicle Tire

Registered
I drive the black Venue. She drives the silver Venue. Both are manual transmissions. The little red "car" is a 1940's Swedish (or Norwegian) design. It is peddle powered but upgraded to 48v electric, hence peddle or electric. Top speed 30km per hour. It is shown as an open car but I did make a hardtop for it. Installs in about two minutes. See Old school velomobile
I am glad you have the one with the roof rack. As you can carry ladders, long boards, etc on top. Especially if you buy some cross rails for it. Hyundai will want like $250 but you can get aftermarket ones for like $90.

Those Anglias and Prefects were cool. They even had wagon versions. I remember seeing a great documentary about them on YouTube -- about their development. I guess they had a ton of issues with the labor union in the UK when they were trying to make it. I think this was the car I am thinking of. It was a small British car in the 1960s. A competitor to the Austin Mini.

My dad owned a lot of MG midgets and Austin Midgets in the 70s and 80s. I wish I had kept some of them. They were such fun little cars. We even had a Renault Dauphine he paid $300 for.

I love that pedal car!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts