Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a question. The dealer told me they have free oil change for 3 years on my new venue. but when I change the oil for the first time on new cars, I like to change very early. the first 1K miles. I am sure the Dealer doesn't want to change it so soon but I always do it as there is always small metal shavings in every new motor. So I bought two oil filters for the venue. Had to go to the dealer parts because there is no oil filter available in any car parts store! I thought this is strange. When I examined the filter, I see there is a 1 inch small plastic thingy sticking out from the screw side of the filter.
It looks like it will protrude into the engine when screwed in to the motor?? Does anyone know anything about this? I really don't want to start the oil change with out knowing what this is and how it works?

·
Registered
2020, Ceramic White, Hyundai, Venue, SEL, Convenience Package, Premium Package, CVT
17 Posts
I've performed the last 4 oil changes on my Venue for the same reason really, wanting the oil changed at 600 miles and then every 3k. 26350-2M000 should be available at oreilly it is near me. I pay less at the Hyundai dealership so. Can you send over a photo of what you're meaning the plastic thing. Only thing I can really think of is the piece that sticks through the housing to lock the filter into place it also has a plastic push/lock pin.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ryan9201, Thanks, that was the thing I was talking about. I went ahead and took the filter housing cover off and I saw how it fits together. I changed it without any trouble then completed the oil change. Never saw anything like this before. Best I can figure, it is a device to make sure you only use only Hyundai filters. I dont see any reason for that plastic tab. I will check Oreilly to see if they have them down here in florida. I tried Napa and one other and they didn't even a number for 2020 or 2021 Venue oil filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts