Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased our 2021 Venue back in January of this year and my wife has only 1600 miles on it. Hyundai says i can wait for 6 months or 7500 miles before they will cover the oil change. I think for a new engine thats a long time for its first oil change. I was thinking of doing it myself but im worried about voiding the warranty....

Registered
I don't know how they would know if you changed it yourself. Just use the recommended oil and filter and let them change it again at their required interval. I don't think I would have any issue following their guidelines though. After all, they are covering the engine warranty, surely if they thought it necessary, they would protect themselves by recommending an early break-in oil change. If it gives you peace of mind, I say, go ahead.

Registered
You could just pay the dealership for an oil change. I plan to do this after about 1500 miles myself to remove any shavings from break in. I think it was like $55 at the dealership.

Registered
Yeah, the dealers don't charge that much for an oil change. And they inspect a bunch of other stuff while they are at it. I think it's good to take a new car back to the dealer for its first oil change, after around 1000 to 2000 miles, just as a sort of cheap insurance against anything going wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts