Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I drive about 3000 miles each year. I get my oil changed once per year. I've done this with my Venue which I've had since late 2019, and I did it with my Scion xA for fifteen years before that, and my five Toyota Tercels before that. Always works out fine.

But I wouldn't go more than a year between oil change and overall safety checks no matter what.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
456 Posts
Here in Canada, if you don't exceed 8000 kilometers (5000 miles), oil changes are every 6 months. I would suggest you follow the USA maintenance schedule detailed in the manual or consult with the dealer service department. I downloaded a copy of the USA manual. It states 12 months or 8000 miles. Follow that and you will be following the warranty requirements.
Download link:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some were saying the first oil change should be done earlier. I had a free oil change at my dealership so I did my first one after 4000km. Then did my own after 16000 km(16000-4000=12000km). Will probably follow the 12000km/8000 miles or 12 months regime.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
456 Posts
Some were saying the first oil change should be done earlier. I had a free oil change at my dealership so I did my first one after 4000km. Then did my own after 16000 km(16000-4000=12000km). Will probably follow the 12000km/8000 miles or 12 months regime.
I agree, oil changes should be at 16000km or 12 months. We are using high grade synthetic oil so it should not be an issue. However, Hyundai does not agree. My Canadian Venue manual calls for 8000 km or 6 months. For warranty purposes, I would suggest you follow their recommendation and if doing your own oil and filter changes ensure you have good self maintenance records. In case you need proof for a warranty claim.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah definitely follow the manual. I am too lazy to go out and look in the manual. :) I looked at an online Hyundai maintenance schedule, and I type in 2,000 miles a year, and it recommends oil changes every 2 years. I think it's not accurate. That low of miles is throwing it off probably.

I'd just do it annually with that low of miles driven per year. Unless the manual says every 6 months then do 6 months. The oil filter might only be designed for 6 months. Also, I'd follow the severe duty schedule. Normal schedule is for when like 90% of your driving is highway. Most people do stop and go local driving -- harder on a vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts