Hyundai Venue Forum banner

Oil filters

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  imaddicted2u 
#1 ·
Hey all. Hope everyone is doing good.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having issues getting pull changes because filters are limited or out of stock?? I was told by my local oil change place that it could take up to a month to get a filter because they have to order from the dealership and filters for Kia and hyundai are in small supply.

#3 ·
I did a quick cyber search and auto parts store here in Canada list Oil Filters for the Venue 'In Stock' and ready to Ship; maybe from other Brands but is an Oil filter they should be as good as the one they put in the 'Hyundai' packaging.
Amazon Canada website shows the Original Hyundai Filter for the Venue in stock; if we can get it here you should be able to get it in the US, where you have AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc. and even WalMart Auto parts may carry such oil filters.

Example: Link from Autozone https://www.autozone.com/filters-and-pcv/oil-filter/hyundai/venue/2022

I'd say call the Parts Section of your Local Hyundai Dealership and ask for the Oil filter; if they have it in stock then your Local Oil Change Place is just misleading you.

#6 ·
Its fast. 17mm for oil pan plug. 24MM socket for filter housing. Drain oil pan.
Pull pin out as shown in video with pliers to drain the filter housing
Use the 24mm socket to loosen the oil filter housing until can remove with fingers.
Put the new oil filter in the housing with the pin as shown in the video.
Insert the filter housing back on the engine. ensure to not cross thread.
Tighten to finger tight and then tighten to spec with socket.
replace oil pan drain plug tighten to spec.
fill with new oil.

Took me 15-20 minutes max.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.