Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At my oil change last week, the service writer said the cabin air filter was in need of replacement. The car's only 1.5 years old, but I do idle like 5 hours a night for work in dusty conditions so I believed it. I didn't want to pay $55 for theirs though, so I jumped on Rock Auto and bought a Wix (good filter brand) for $10 and new wiper blades for $12 for left/right. $6 each.

They're nice and beefy -- Trico Ice part numbers 35-180 for the 18-inch and 35-240 for the 24-inch driver's side. 18 inches and 24 inches are the sizes you need for the Venue. They come with a couple different cartridges (mounting cartridges), but the ones already installed on the blades are the correct ones for the Venue, so no need for the spare ones. Only took like 5 minutes to install both.

WP10265 is the part number for the Wix cabin filter. It is a perfect fit too, too. All 3 parts came to $34 with shipping -- or $20 less than what the cabin filter alone would've cost me. :) And I got nice beefy winter wipers for the winter, and the puny stock ones are trashed.

When you add a part to your cart on their website, subsequent parts with a little truck logo will all ship from one warehouse to save you on s/h instead of paying a lot for d/h from different warehouses. So if you're flexible on brands, you can save money. But luckily the Wix filter and wipers came from one warehouse so only one $10 s/h fee plus taxes. And as usual you get cool fridge magnets.

Drink Font Liquid Solution Packaging and labeling

All GM edition of magnets. That's a cool early to mid 60's Cadillac holding up my Chinese take out menu. Some smaller Cragars would look cool on the Venue.

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
I have a ton of those fridge magnets. Rockauto is awesome.
The cabin air filter is a maintenance item. Schedule is !6,000 km or yearly. I just put in an activated carbon style that I got on Amazon. I wrote the date on the replacement so I wouldn't forget when I changed it. After a year and a half the old one was probably still good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts