Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tie the hatch lid down partially for an item that is slightly larger than cargo holds? I didn't see any type of spot to tie down from inside.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
Not supposed to do it for safety reasons, deadly CO can enter the cabin, and possible damage to the hatch or lift cylinders.
That said, a trick I've used is to flip the latch to the closed position, slip a rope through and tie it down to the striker.
I found this YouTube video that demonstrates how to do it:

Reactions: kpayton

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not supposed to do it for safety reasons, deadly CO can enter the cabin, and possible damage to the hatch or lift cylinders.
That said, a trick I've used is to flip the latch to the closed position, slip a rope through and tie it down to the striker.
I found this YouTube video that demonstrates how to do it:

Awesome - Thanks man! Completely understand the safety thing and trust me I don't make a habit out of this just have to move a grandfather clockLOL

Sith Lord
DS-1 Death Star
Can you take some pictures for us? I am curious to see myself.

You could also use the tow ring under the rear bumper, but you have to be creative.

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you take some pictures for us? I am curious to see myself.

You could also use the tow ring under the rear bumper, but you have to be creative.

View attachment 1202
I actually did exactly what the video described and it worked perfect! I didn't want to go to the tow hook in fear it would rub against the paint. With tieing it down to the trunk latch it held it perfect.. I actually ran it through the trunk latch and tied it around the headrest A little overkill but I forgot scissors and had to use the extra rope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts