Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this pic at a website called topspeed.com. It was basically a review of the 2021 US model Venue, but this photo was included without explanation. Is this color option coming? I would drive this in a heartbeat!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hyundai's website only shows 2021 models still. That purple could be an upcoming color for 2022? It is a pretty color. Also pink is nice too. :) Too bad society says these are only colors women like.

My favorite color has always been orange. Maybe Hyundai will come out with an orange color for 2022? Dodge offered their new Dart in "Go Mango". Pretty nice color.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
I saw this pic at a website called topspeed.com. It was basically a review of the 2021 US model Venue, but this photo was included without explanation. Is this color option coming? I would drive this in a heartbeat!!

View attachment 730
2021 Hyundai Venue Test Drive (topspeed.com)

They photoshoped a blue one into purple to get more clicks.
It looks really good.
They isolated the car from the background, then adjusted the hue/chroma key or something.

We got #clickbaited

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are probably correct, Ralph, but it is not the same photo. The camera location in the purple photo is a bit higher than in the blue photo. Look at the building windows above the car roof.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude.

The left head light has some weird purple tinting.
The wheels also have have a purple tinting.
The reflection on the left side right below the front passenger door handle has some weird color blending.

I could be wrong 😉

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
Are those teal and yellow actually available? They aren't listed on the Hyundai website.

Personally, I wish we got the dark grey/green combo here in the states.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Okay, I confess!
I regret buying my white car.

I should have gotten the Tiffany Teal, or Youthful Yellow 🤬
The ceramic white is beautiful. My 2nd car ever was white (1987 Dodge Colt E hatch that I got in 1989 when I was 17). It came with graphics that the local Dodge dealer must've added and charged the first owner $500. It had a red and gray stripe running down the top of the front fender to the rear -- under the windows. And a black dot gradient graphic on the bottom sides between the wheels. It started out dark and got lighter. Sounds goofy but the graphics were beautiful.

I was thinking about doing some graphics on my Intense Blue '21 SEL. I'd probably do grey (same shade as what's on the rims) and have it run down the sides and up the C pillar -- maybe horizontal striping along the C pillar. There's a local vinyl graphics place that can probably do it.

Your white Venue can be jazzed up with some custom striping/graphics. Maybe something blue (Hyundai's official blue perhaps).

I loved the Korean video. I was briefly considering a Mitsubishi Mirage (glad I went with the Venue instead), and I ran across this YouTube video of a Mitsubishi dealership in Japan. I love the soft piano music in the dealership. At North American dealerships, one is greeted with usually crappy pop music. Ugh.

I imagine had we bought our Venues in Seoul, the Hyundai dealership experience would be similar to this.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
The ceramic white is beautiful. My 2nd car ever was white (1987 Dodge Colt E hatch that I got in 1989 when I was 17). It came with graphics that the local Dodge dealer must've added and charged the first owner $500. It had a red and gray stripe running down the top of the front fender to the rear -- under the windows. And a black dot gradient graphic on the bottom sides between the wheels. It started out dark and got lighter. Sounds goofy but the graphics were beautiful.

I was thinking about doing some graphics on my Intense Blue '21 SEL. I'd probably do grey (same shade as what's on the rims) and have it run down the sides and up the C pillar -- maybe horizontal striping along the C pillar. There's a local vinyl graphics place that can probably do it.

Your white Venue can be jazzed up with some custom striping/graphics. Maybe something blue (Hyundai's official blue perhaps).

I loved the Korean video. I was briefly considering a Mitsubishi Mirage (glad I went with the Venue instead), and I ran across this YouTube video of a Mitsubishi dealership in Japan. I love the soft piano music in the dealership. At North American dealerships, one is greeted with usually crappy pop music. Ugh.

I imagine had we bought our Venues in Seoul, the Hyundai dealership experience would be similar to this.

I definitely think out of all the colors we get in the US, white is the nicest looking on the Venue.

Only reason I didn't get white is because I really liked the way the white "V E N U E" letters on the tailgate looked, and it wasn't very noticeable against a white car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd drive that purple one in a heartbeat too! Right to the dealer and trade it for one with a color that didn't upset my stomach!😂

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd drive that purple one in a heartbeat too! Right to the dealer and trade it for one with a color that didn't upset my stomach!😂
:) Just think of the purple as the purple Flintstone vitamins we took as a kid. Or the purple Kool-Aid.

A friend of mine has a beige 2012 Kia Soul. It's actually a sorta flesh tone color. Reminds me of my granddad's 1975 Ford F250 with the base 300 ci inline 6 that was a flesh tone beige color. I would love a color like that in the Venue, though it'd probably not be popular. She (Soul owner) hates it by the way.

Cars used to have so many colors available -- at least like 15 or so. Now we're lucky to get 6 or 7, and a lot of base trim cars only have 4 colors (white, black, silver, red usually).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:) Just think of the purple as the purple Flintstone vitamins we took as a kid. Or the purple Kool-Aid.
That purple reminds me of grape jelly, the only kind I use when I make a PB&J sandwich! Yummy!!

·
Registered
2021 green apple SEL
28 Posts
Okay, I confess!
I regret buying my white car.

I should have gotten the Tiffany Teal, or Youthful Yellow 🤬

View attachment 732

I do know how you feel. I wish I would've went for the denim instead of the green. I like the green but I am in love with that denim. Have considered some dating getting it painted in a dark teal because I absolutely love that color and seen some really nice vehicles with that color.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jelly?!?! Go for preserves or jam over jelly to up your yummy fruit spread game. Jelly is mostly HFCS and sometimes artificial flavorings and also just fruit juice. Jam is made from mashed fruit and preserves are mostly real fruit. They do cost a little more but are worth it. My fave is Smuckers Strawberry Preserves.

I spread a little peanut butter on both slices and then put the preserves in the middle.

Y'all ever try Vegemite or Marmite? Most people hate it. lol. Even British and Australians, but I kinda like it. It has a lot of vitamins in it and has a nice salty flavor. It's best to just put a thin layer on a piece of bread along with your fave cheese. Makes for a cheap and easy lunch. Most supermarkets will carry one or the other in their international foods aisle. I like Vegemite a little more than Marmite. Yes, same stuff as mentioned in the Men at Work song "Down Under".

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Never had vegemite, but I do applaud your PB&J technique. I also put the PB on both slices of bread and put the jelly in the middle. Jelly or jam or whatever, I'm not picky. As long as it is grape.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts