Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new Venue in March of 2022 however ever since I bought it, my back hatch rattles for every crack on the road.

I have fixed it (kind of). I opened the hatch and turned the rubber things so they stuck out more, which solved the issues but now I really have to SLAM the hatch to get it to shut properly and I can hear the struggle when I go to open it as it unlatches. There is no middle ground either. It’s either it shuts nicely and raedles as I drive or I have it set where I have to slam it but don’t hear any rattling sound as I drive.

Is anyone else having this issues? Is there something else I could do to fix this rather than just making those rubber things stick out more? I hate having to slam it with all my might lol however I have some OCD or something about any small rattling sounds as I drive. I’ll straight up pull over and get out and find what is ever rattling before I continue.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
324 Posts
1st year (20,000km) warranty covers adjustments for this sort of issue. In 1st year I had no rattles or other issues so didn't have to use it. The tailgate closes easily as well.

From the service manual:
- Adjustment
1. Place the car on a flat surface and check whether the body and trunk lid are well-aligned.
2. After loosening the tailgate hinge (A) mounting bolt,adjust the tailgate by moving it up and down or from side to side.
3. Adjust the gap between the tailgate and body by turning the tailgate over slam bumpers (B).
4. After loosening the tailgate striker (C) mounting bolts,adjust the striker by moving it back and forth or from side to side and then tighten the mounting bolts.
5. Make sure the tailgate opens or closes properly

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
324 Posts
I bought my new Venue in March of 2022 however ever since I bought it, my back hatch rattles for every crack on the road.

I have fixed it (kind of). I opened the hatch and turned the rubber things so they stuck out more, which solved the issues but now I really have to SLAM the hatch to get it to shut properly and I can hear the struggle when I go to open it as it unlatches. There is no middle ground either. It’s either it shuts nicely and raedles as I drive or I have it set where I have to slam it but don’t hear any rattling sound as I drive.

Is anyone else having this issues? Is there something else I could do to fix this rather than just making those rubber things stick out more? I hate having to slam it with all my might lol however I have some OCD or something about any small rattling sounds as I drive. I’ll straight up pull over and get out and find what is ever rattling before I continue.
Canadian warranty details are here:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st year (20,000km) warranty covers adjustments for this sort of issue. In 1st year I had no rattles or other issues so didn't have to use it. The tailgate closes easily as well.

From the service manual:
- Adjustment
1. Place the car on a flat surface and check whether the body and trunk lid are well-aligned.
2. After loosening the tailgate hinge (A) mounting bolt,adjust the tailgate by moving it up and down or from side to side.
3. Adjust the gap between the tailgate and body by turning the tailgate over slam bumpers (B).
4. After loosening the tailgate striker (C) mounting bolts,adjust the striker by moving it back and forth or from side to side and then tighten the mounting bolts.
5. Make sure the tailgate opens or closes properly

View attachment 1308
I’m booked to bring it in the first week of June and I’ll see what they say/do. If they can’t figure it out I’ll use your reference and try to see if I can solve it.

thank you for all the images. That’s definitely helpful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts