Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get consistently better MPG than the window sticker/estimate? I have a 2020 SE with an MPG estimate of 30 City / 34 Highway. My all time average of mixed driving is ~39 MPG.

I'm thinking the real world performance of the CVT ousted their traditional estimate methodology/tests when putting the car through the wringer.
Speedometer Trip computer Gauge Odometer Car

·
Registered
430 Posts
Real-world, I consistently get low 40s on the highway and high 20s in the city. But this is with the manual transmission and I drive it for acceleration, not economy, shifting much later than the computer thinks I should. Sort of a "manual sport mode."

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've got about 1600 kilometers on my Ultimate and on a few highway trips I was getting at least 43mpg...I live in a small town so I don't care about the town driving...here in Canada we're in kilometers and we get so many litters per 100 kilometers so I've been using this website that converts my usage to mpg and that's where I've come up with my average highway driving...this is the website Convert Liters per 100 Kilometers to Miles Per Gallon (US)

now since we're metric, the site I'm posting shows my conversion in US mpg and can also show British mpg, and our gallon is basically the same as the British gallon so I'm really getting at least 50+ mpg using the metric conversion.

most of my driving on the highway is using the cruse control and depending the amount of traffic I'm driving at a steady mph and it'll be mostly around the 90 Kilometers per hour range and higher on roads that the limit is 100kph.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone else get consistently better MPG than the window sticker/estimate? I have a 2020 SE with an MPG estimate of 30 City / 34 Highway. My all time average of mixed driving is ~39 MPG.

I'm thinking the real world performance of the CVT ousted their traditional estimate methodology/tests when putting the car through the wringer.
View attachment 1497
I have a 2020 MT and I really "row" the gears (i.e. run up the revs between shifts to make the most of the powerband) and I am getting 37 mpg overall on regular unleaded. I'm pretty sure I could squeeze an extra 2-3 mpg if I shifted earlier. I think the CVT is actually MORE efficient than the 6 speed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a 2020 MT and I really "row" the gears (i.e. run up the revs between shifts to make the most of the powerband) and I am getting 37 mpg overall on regular unleaded. I'm pretty sure I could squeeze an extra 2-3 mpg if I shifted earlier. I think the CVT is actually MORE efficient than the 6 speed.
I agree with that. Back when I was a kid, manual transmissions got better gas mileage than automatics, but those days are gone. With computers and algorithms, nowadays automatics are programmed to optimize fuel economy. Whereas fun-loving manual shifters like me go for performance rather than economy.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
376 Posts
Top gear ratio in the IVT is 0.385, while the M6 is 0.688.
Low gear ratio in the IVT is 2.68, while the M6 is 3.769

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

·
Registered
2022 Fiery Red Limited (U.S. Model)
10 Posts
Wife has only put about 2,700 miles on her car since May, mostly stop-and-go city driving. She's averaging 28-29 MPG, versus the 25-26 from the 2011 Soul+. We're hoping we can take a road-trip pretty soon, and see what it does on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts