Hyundai Venue Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2020 venue sel. The rear defroster does not turn on when there is frost or ice on the glass. When the car warms up a bit the defrost button lites up. The second part of this when it is cold and no snow on ice the button goes on.Why??

Registered
You can push the defroster buttons manually.
I don't think it turns on automatically. Never recalled it doing that to mine.

There is also a cycle button, but that only turns on the front.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a new 2020 venue sel. The rear defroster does not turn on when there is frost or ice on the glass. When the car warms up a bit the defrost button lites up. The second part of this when it is cold and no snow on ice the button goes on.Why??
The rear defrost will go on after i drive for a mile or two. When the car warms up a bit. First thing in the cold morning it does not. Is there a thermo cupuler where the window is?

Registered
Mine turns on when I push the button, and turns off when I push it again, as God intended. But I have the bottom-tier SE model, so yours might be different.

Registered
Mine does the same thing. I start it with the remote start and let it run 10 minutes (because that's all it will run, which is a pain) and can drive another 5-7 minutes before my rear defrost light comes on. Also don't have any heat for a good 15-20 minutes.

Registered
Mine does the same thing. I start it with the remote start and let it run 10 minutes (because that's all it will run, which is a pain) and can drive another 5-7 minutes before my rear defrost light comes on. Also don't have any heat for a good 15-20 minutes.
Do you leave it on Auto Climate Control?
I always have it on manual mode so it never does weird things like that.
I might need to test it out.

Registered
Do you leave it on Auto Climate Control?
I always have it on manual mode so it never does weird things like that.
I might need to test it out.
I would do the same thing. I don't like my car thinking it is smarter than I am. If I had an auto climate control, I would disable it, too. I want things to come on when I tell them to come on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts