Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you guys. I live in the midwest and right now we're into the Winter season so lots of salt and stuff everywhere. Does anyone have issues with the backup camera becoming usuable with all the nasty stuff off the roads? I know I can clean it off just seems to be in a bad spot or something because anytime it rains the thing becomes usable.

Second question Id like to swap some of my bulbs over to a cool white LED look. I hate the license plate lights. I rear the DIY article on swapping out the side markers as well which I may very well do at the same time. Are the side markers hard to get off? Looks like their just clips but not sure how I feel about doing that while its cold.. Plastic and cold don't mix very well :(

Registered
Question for you guys. I live in the midwest and right now we're into the Winter season so lots of salt and stuff everywhere. Does anyone have issues with the backup camera becoming usuable with all the nasty stuff off the roads? I know I can clean it off just seems to be in a bad spot or something because anytime it rains the thing becomes usable.

Second question Id like to swap some of my bulbs over to a cool white LED look. I hate the license plate lights. I rear the DIY article on swapping out the side markers as well which I may very well do at the same time. Are the side markers hard to get off? Looks like their just clips but not sure how I feel about doing that while its cold.. Plastic and cold don't mix very well :(
Swapping out the side markers was easy, its just a clip in the engine bay fender area and it comes right out. however the clearance is narrow, so if you put in an LED T10 bulb, it needs to be a flat or T shape to clear the housing.

The license plate light, also uses a T10 LED bulb, swapped it over to a white light. That housing required extra force to pop out, but it came out pretty easily and can fit a regular/large LED bulb

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swapping out the side markers was easy, its just a clip in the engine bay fender area and it comes right out. however the clearance is narrow, so if you put in an LED T10 bulb, it needs to be a flat or T shape to clear the housing.

The license plate light, also uses a T10 LED bulb, swapped it over to a white light. That housing required extra force to pop out, but it came out pretty easily and can fit a regular/large LED bulb

Thanks for the info. Ill look for those T10 bulbs. Did you go after the interior lights as well? I think there are ones up front and maybe one in the middle as I have a sunroof.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Where did you order your bulbs? Amazon?

Registered
Thanks for the info. Ill look for those T10 bulbs. Did you go after the interior lights as well? I think there are ones up front and maybe one in the middle as I have a sunroof.

This is the kit I bought. Everything was bright, maybe a little too bright. I would probably leave the vanity mirrors/sunvisor light stock/OEM. The bright white LEDs are a bit blinding lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

This is the kit I bought. Everything was bright, maybe a little too bright. I would probably leave the vanity mirrors/sunvisor light stock/OEM. The bright white LEDs are a bit blinding lol

Sweet - Thank you!!

Did this include the side markers as well?

Registered

I live in Chicago area so you can imagine salt etc.
I wash with glasses wipes I keep in car has alcohol in them
While driving if things are sloshing like our state ,it just becomes unusable

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

How long did yours take to get to you? They are quoting like April for it to reach the states. Was wondering if I could find the License Plate Lights and the interior lights on Amazon?

Registered
How long did yours take to get to you? They are quoting like April for it to reach the states. Was wondering if I could find the License Plate Lights and the interior lights on Amazon?
I wasn't in a rush so it did take a month, since it does come from China. On amazon, if a kit isn't available, you'll have to source each individual bulb separately.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts