Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2020 Trend/Denim
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the lettering on the back? Wondering how they are attached, hoping its glue and not 5 holes. Want to plawstidip the back emblem but the lettering is quite bulky to do them imo.

· Registered
318 Posts
plawstidip?
Plastidip...it's black stuff that you spray on and it forms a black membrane that can be peeled off easily later.

I think I'd just leave the emblems on and mask them off and paint them with a fine brush -- regular paint. Plastidip doesn't leave nice crisp edges. Maybe take it to a local painter or body shop and they'd probably do it for $100 or so.

Hyundai should offer a black out emblem/trim package for a few hundred. I wish all the chrome and grey bits on my SEL were matte black.

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
547 Posts
I would think it's similar to the Elantra in this video...
This video shows doing the plastidip on the car without removing the emblems.

· Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
213 Posts
Has anyone removed the lettering on the back? Wondering how they are attached, hoping its glue and not 5 holes. Want to plawstidip the back emblem but the lettering is quite bulky to do them imo.
Pretty sure it's adhesive. I put sound deadening on the inside of the hatch bode panel, and I don't remember any holes there.

· Registered
547 Posts
Based on the video of spraying a plasti-dip product with the emblems in place, I think I'd try that method before removing them. Save yourself the potential for damage and the cost of 3M double sided tape. Plus, you don't have to worry about lining up the letters again.

· Registered
318 Posts
Based on the video of spraying a plasti-dip product with the emblems in place, I think I'd try that method before removing them. Save yourself the potential for damage and the cost of 3M double sided tape. Plus, you don't have to worry about lining up the letters again.
Yeah it's more a membrane than a paint product.

· Registered
547 Posts
Looking at some pics in the service manual, the front Hyundai emblem has tape and 2 screws holding it on from the back side of the grill. I haven't found pics of the back side of the rear H emblem for Venue but other Hyundai models use tape and screws. Purely a guess but I'd think the rear Venue H emblem attaches the same way.

· Registered
2020 Trend/Denim
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sorry i wasn't clear, I don't intend to put the lettering back on at all if I remove it

thnx for responses, probably going to
remove the lettering permanently and plastidip the rear and front emblems
blackout taillights
5% tints
add window fenders with a white pinstripe to match the roof and white body accents

· Registered
30 Posts
Lighter fluid is great for softening up the adhesive and then you can saw through it with dental floss. Continue with lighter fluid and a soft towel to clean up the remaining glue. Then reclean the area again with whatever to clean the surface up (detail spray?). Don't worry, the LF doesn't strip or stain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts