Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had rust proofing sprayed to their Venue such as Crown or Rust Check or does the manufacture advise not to do it...my concern is that there's so much computer controlled things and sensors etc. that may be harmed right away or over time???

· Registered
490 Posts
No, nothing. I think all cars are made pretty well these days and rust isn't nearly the problem it used to be. I had a car that lived through fifteen Chicago winters and never developed a scrap of rust, even though I never had it treated. Never even washed it! Of course, winters may be a lot harsher in Canada so I don't really know.

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
477 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warranty covers some of that for 7 years. (USA Warranty below)

View attachment 1112
I also read that Hyundai/KIA have their own steel mill which gives them control of the steel they use.

I also have a 1999 Camaro SS convertible which never sees a winter and is garaged when not driven and is mint and back then they were made like the Corvettes with the same engine etc. and the only steel on the SS cars is the frame and the rear fenders which I suspect was for body strength because the doors and front fenders and front and rear bumpers are composite material and the SS trunk lid and engine hood were special for the SS and were a combination of composite and fiber glass material and of course the convertible top is a special cloth material...when my Venue arrives it's going to take the place of my 20 year old Neon that started to rust a few years ago and back when they were made the manufactures have come a long way since then. :)

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
477 Posts
When I was looking at the Venue, the salesman had sample of the Hyundai steel and sheet metal (supposedly) used in other cars. Although thinner, the Hyundai metal was much stiffer and lighter.

· Registered
37 Posts
New cars are pretty rust resistant these days, however back in the day in Florida my buddy drove a 1973 Chevy Vega and my wife had a 1980s Isuzu Brat pickup. I drove a 1978 Datsun 280Z 2+2. If anybody knows about automotive history they know these were all rust buckets with Vega's known to rust on the showroom floor.

Skip the rustproofing unless you are in a severe weather location. No points to adjust either.

· Registered
42 Posts
I have used KROWN on the past 5 vehicles that I have purchased new, 3 of them being Hyundai's. I would not buy a new vehicle without making the 500 mile round trip once a year to St Louis to get my annual KROWN application! 👍👍👍

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have used KROWN on the past 5 vehicles that I have purchased new, 3 of them being Hyundai's. I would not buy a new vehicle without making the 500 mile round trip once a year to St Louis to get my annual KROWN application! 👍👍👍
I live in the area where we have winter road salt and liquid ice melt and I might get mine Krown sprayed but will not let them to the engine compartment because of the sensors etc. and I can do certain areas there myself with their spray can stuff...I keep my daily drivers for at least 20 years and every time I did oil changes myself and other things where I had the car jacked up I had the rust inhibitor in cans and sprayed the whole underside just for some added protection...my daily drivers had very little features with sensors to worry about...those cars in those days only had the basic things where as my Venue which is on order is light years ahead of my old daily drivers so I will wait till I get the car and check out everything first before I decide what to do.:unsure:

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my cars in the past were sprayed every where but with the way they are now I suspect they don't because of all the electronics under the hood...what I have done with the 20 year old driver that my Venue will replace I've gotten Rust Check spray cans that have a heavier spray that is thicker and does not drip and I've used it under the hood just on bare metal that doesn't have anything on it that i don't want sprayed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.