Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after waiting 2 months my Venue is now located one state away at a dealership to be traded by my local dealership and trucked here. But the dealership in the next state can't trade/sell it to my dealership to finish purchase to me till after they fix the seatbelt recall. My dealership has already started making payments to the bank on my behalf (that I now owe them, for a car I still don't have). Communication has been non existent (Worst purchase ever so far). Anyone know how long the wait time is for the recall parts?

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
Wow, It doesn't seem right that they are taking payments while the vehicle is not in your possession, perhaps you can work that out with the bank. I wouldn't be making payments on a car I don't own yet.
When I look up my VIN here on the Hyundai Canada website it shows the recall as:
"Seatbelt Pretensioner (Interim - Recall Remedy Not Yet Available)"
If you have the VIN for the vehicle you are getting, enter it here on the USA recall site to see if it returns a different result.
If the remedyfor the recall hasn't been developed yet, it would be impossible to estimate when parts will be available.

Reactions: venue1947

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, It doesn't seem right that they are taking payments while the vehicle is not in your possession, perhaps you can work that out with the bank. I wouldn't be making payments on a car I don't own yet.
When I look up my VIN here on the Hyundai Canada website it shows the recall as:
"Seatbelt Pretensioner (Interim - Recall Remedy Not Yet Available)"
If you have the VIN for the vehicle you are getting, enter it here on the USA recall site to see if it returns a different result.
If the remedyfor the recall hasn't been developed yet, it would be impossible to estimate when parts will be available.
I did what you suggested. It says Status: Recall Incomplete. Not sure what that means? Beginning to wonder if it's all a sign I made a mistake.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
I did what you suggested. It says Status: Recall Incomplete. Not sure what that means? Beginning to wonder if it's all a sign I made a mistake.
Incomplete means Hyundai has not done the recall service to the vehicle. I don't think it was a mistake with your choice of a Venue but given the uncertainty of the recall completion and since they can't produce the vehicle you bought, there should be no issue getting out of the deal. The bank may help with that. Is it possible to buy the car direct from the dealership that has it and go get it?

Reactions: justin1138

Registered
Incomplete means Hyundai has not done the recall service to the vehicle. I don't think it was a mistake with your choice of a Venue but given the uncertainty of the recall completion and since they can't produce the vehicle you bought, there should be no issue getting out of the deal. The bank may help with that. Is it possible to buy the car direct from the dealership that has it and go get it?
Yeah, I would try to buy it from that dealership if it's not too far for you to get someone to take you to pick it up. You will save a $300 or so delivery fee.

If not, I'd lean on the dealer/bank to get out of the deal. Then maybe get a Hyundai Kona, Kia Seltos, or a Nissan Kicks or Honda HRV. Though the Japanese makes don't have the 10-year warranty of the Kia/Hyundais.

Registered
2021 green apple SEL
I will say as far as the recall my dealer told me to call in a couple months to check status of parts. They didn't know how soon they would start getting parts for the recall.

Registered
2022 Fiery Red Limited (U.S. Model)
Contacted the dealer concerning the recall about July 25th -- they implied "all" of the vehicles were on the recall list, but not all of them needed the recall -- but they could inspect the car and see. Hmm....

If I needed regular service, they could take me right away, but they told me the next available slot for the recall was a month out, and if the recall repair was needed, it would take a few days to get the parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts