Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum, wanted to see if anyone has experienced a similar issue and how to resolve it before I take it to dealership. My seat belt like comes on at random times and persists for a while. Quite annoying to listen it ding for 5 minutes before shutting off and coming back 3 minutes later.

in the video below, I'm at a parking lot in P mode with nothing on passenger side and its still going off.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
Get it to a dealer. Probably a bad switch, sensor or wire but could be a safety issue.

Registered
Hello forum, wanted to see if anyone has experienced a similar issue and how to resolve it before I take it to dealership. My seat belt like comes on at random times and persists for a while. Quite annoying to listen it ding for 5 minutes before shutting off and coming back 3 minutes later.

in the video below, I'm at a parking lot in P mode with nothing on passenger side and its still going off.

I don't have my Venue yet, it's on order so I can't do any testing, but maybe there's a setting that needs to be set, and I say this because your car is running and you are in Park and I wonder if because you have something plugged in as well and with your car running the system thinks you are going to drive the car.

is your seat belt on you while you are in Park and does it do this happen while you are driving with your seat belt on you?

I've downloaded lots of Venue manuals to familiarize myself with everything about the car because my 20 year old daily driver looks like it's from the Flintstones era compared to what I'm about to get, and it look like there's lots of settings I'll have to set, so right now I'm just guessing what your trouble might be.

Registered
I gave this some more thought. I just realized that, in the video, your passenger air bag is on. The car thinks someone is sitting in the seat. I experimented with pressing down on the seat and I can make my passenger air bag come on without too much pressure. Take the stuff off your seat and see if the problem clears. Maybe you have an extra sensitive seat occupancy switch.
I can sit in the driver seat unbuckled, engine running and there is no seat belt warning or chime. about 20 seconds after I start driving the seat belt warning light comes on. If I keep driving unbuckled in, the chime starts up, from what I read it will chime for 100 seconds. If I make the passenger air bag come while sitting, engine running, on still no chime or light. If I press on the seat while driving the seat belt indicator and chime come on right away.
Just sitting in park, engine running I don't get a seat belt light or chime.
With the passenger seat empty you should see this passenger air bag off indication...
Car Vehicle Plant Automotive design Motor vehicle

Registered
hmm is that photo from my video? It looks like its off from my end. I don't think it should even be on tho, I have a few wires and small camera on the seat. On top of that, its in park mode
No, not from your video. when the seat is empty, it should be lit, indicating that the passenger air bag is off. What I see in your video is that the light is not lit up.

Registered
I can press on the seat with my hand and turn the passenger air bag light on and off, doesn't take a whole lot of weight. If there was an accident and the passenger air bag went off with an empty sat, it could be dangerous.
There should be no seat belt indicator or chime while sitting in park. You may have a bad module or switch. Get it checked asap.

Reactions: omane200
1 - 9 of 9 Posts