Hyundai Venue Forum banner

What color should I get?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all!

I've been doing research into the Hyundai Venue out of excitement to get my own in the next few weeks and came across this forum!

So excited to look through everyone's posts.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get an SEL (I need my sun roof!) but was curious what everyone recommends in regard to packages and color. I cant decide on the color maybe red, white, or grey.

·
Seto Kaiba
Blue Eyes White Dragon™
467 Posts
I'd recommend a white one due to being cooler in the summer.

If you want a fully loaded 2022 Hyundai Venue, I believe they only sell the "Limited Two-Tone Version". It has all the bells and whistle (remote start, led lights, heated seats and etc.), but they removed the sunroof to have the two-tone color.
You can get a 2022 Hyundai Venue SEL with sunroof, but it won't be fully loaded.

The 2020 and 2021 Hyundai Venues offered sunroof models with the fully loaded options.

Check the brochures if you want to research.

Brochures | Hyundai USA

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats on a great vehicle choice. You will love it. Definitely get the SEL, as it has a sunroof which is a must for you, and it includes a couple of major features the SE doesn't have -- blind-spot monitor lets you know if someone is in the way of your potential lane change) and also the rear cross-traffic sensor lets you know if someone is crossing behind you when you go to back up.

Limited's (no sunroof) only benefit is heated seats (not needed unless you live in a northern state), fancy LED daytime running lights instead of regular ones and the 2-tone paint. Also, the Limited does have a larger touchscreen, but it's not that much larger. And the larger touchscreen of the Limited doesn't have wireless smartphone connections, so you will have to plug in your phone.

And the Limited does have navigation, but your smartphone can provide that, so the built-in navigation is not a big deal. I keep a $30 Tomtom GPS in my Venue just in case my phone is not in range of a tower, but I never had to take it out.

I live in cold Ohio right below Canada, and my Venue is parked outside but the heater works well enough, so I don't miss heated seats.

As far as color, they're all beautiful. My fiancee wanted the Intense Blue, so we got that. It's beautiful, but my first choice was gray with the red second. But really all the colors are beautiful. Can't really go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've always believed any vehicle for personal use looks better in certain colours because of the vehicle's lines...mine is the Canadian Ultimate Denim option in Denim blue and as well the Canadian Ultimate has it's own grill as well as many other things and it comes with everything...now the US buck is worth about 20 cents more then the Canadian buck so come up to Canada and get the Ultimate model 😁
here's the Canadian website and you'll see what I'm talking about and it has the heated seat [bum roaster] and heated steering wheel if you live in a cold area.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Get all the bells and whistles minus nav.
LED head/tail is a must! Sooo good at night vs halogen.
If I had to do it over again?
That grey with the two tone black top and some red (yes I said red) wheels!
Throw in some red pinstripes and you have one badazz venue. Goodluck with your purchase.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Of the colors you listed, grey would be my first choice. In person, that grey is so shiny and deep that it looks like a bucket of liquid paint.

I don't know if the supply chains have gotten better, but awhile ago, dealers were very low on inventory. If that's still the case, you might have a long wait to get a specific color in a specific trim. Might be quicker to give them two or three color choices and let fate decide which one you will get.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to everyone! This has been so helpful. The dealers are definitely limited on options so I’m kind of letting that decide also.
I will be sure to post pictures once I get it.
Hopefully this week! 🤞🏻

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thank you to everyone! This has been so helpful. The dealers are definitely limited on options so I’m kind of letting that decide also.
I will be sure to post pictures once I get it.
Hopefully this week! 🤞🏻
How's their inventory? My local dealer had zero on the lot, but they simply ordered one from a larger city an hour away (added $200 to the cost). So don't be afraid of low inventory. They can pull up the inventory of Hyundai dealers nearby and pretty much get you what you want.

I went in thinking red SE, but I ended up with an Intense Blue SEL. As I wanted those 2 safety features (blind-spot monitor and backup alert). I think I could've had a larger selection of colors to choose from, but my fiancee wanted blue, so I told our salesperson blue SEL.

One good thing about Hyundai is they don't charge a surcharge due to a shortage of cars. Heck buying a new one at a Hyundai dealer is cheaper than buying a used Carvana one (won't come with the 10 year warranty since it's used).

My dealer is currently showing 3 "in transit" to their lot -- a black SE, a black SEL, and a red Limited.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How's their inventory? My local dealer had zero on the lot, but they simply ordered one from a larger city an hour away (added $200 to the cost). So don't be afraid of low inventory. They can pull up the inventory of Hyundai dealers nearby and pretty much get you what you want.

I went in thinking red SE, but I ended up with an Intense Blue SEL. As I wanted those 2 safety features (blind-spot monitor and backup alert). I think I could've had a larger selection of colors to choose from, but my fiancee wanted blue, so I told our salesperson blue SEL.

One good thing about Hyundai is they don't charge a surcharge due to a shortage of cars. Heck buying a new one at a Hyundai dealer is cheaper than buying a used Carvana one (won't come with the 10 year warranty since it's used).

My dealer is currently showing 3 "in transit" to their lot -- a black SE, a black SEL, and a red Limited.
The dealer I'm working with has a shipment that should be coming in soon. Their inventory is all SEs and I'm currently leaning toward limited or SEL

·
Registered
430 Posts
A white one moved into my neighborhood recently, and I happened to notice that the "Venue" name on the liftgate is spelled out in white, just like on all the other colors, but it is much less noticeable on the white car. Kind of just blends in with the paint job. The chrome outline is still there, but that doesn't add a lot of contrast.

·
Registered
2022 Venue Essential - 6 Speed Manual - Polar white
59 Posts
A white one moved into my neighborhood recently, and I happened to notice that the "Venue" name on the liftgate is spelled out in white, just like on all the other colors, but it is much less noticeable on the white car. Kind of just blends in with the paint job. The chrome outline is still there, but that doesn't add a lot of contrast.
That's just the way the "Venue" label is on mine. I actually like it.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's just the way the "Venue" label is on mine. I actually like it.
Yeah, it looks nice -- understated. Most vehicles don't have their name spelled out so boldly as the Venue. :)

But if you have a white Venue and want the logo bolder, you can go to a craft store and get a fine point brush and some paint and make the Venue script stand out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts