Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was driving with my radio off for the first time in my brand new venue (2000km passed total since I bought it) and I noticed on lower speeds the front and back squeak a bit.
Also it can be noticed if I am turning the wheel while the car is sitting in place.
Checked all fluids and they seem to be within range, I did some inspection but can't seem anything to be cracked.

Since this is the first car I have owned is this normal or should I take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Car sitting in place with squeaks is most likely the rubber of the tire on the asphalt, which is normal.

For low noise squeaks, it could be anything. How low of a speed are we talking about here? New tires? OEM tires?

·
Registered
150 Posts
take the car to maybe an under ground parking garage or some place where the pavement is smooth cement and park the car and turn the steering wheel on the smooth cement and as well drive the car at a very low speed turning the steering wheel sharply and you will hear the sound tires make on smooth cement and see if that's the same sound you hear...an under ground parking lot is a good spot so you can hear the sound better over other noises.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine squeaks a bit at low speeds, too. It sounds like the chassis to me but I'm no expert. I never hear it at higher speeds,, but that's probably because it's drowned out by road noise.

I took it in for its annual oil change and checkup soon after I first noticed the squeaks, but I didn't mention it to the mechanics. I figured if there was a problem they would find it. They didn't say anything about it, and after the service it was still there. I decided it wasn't anything to worry about. I hope I'm right!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car sitting in place with squeaks is most likely the rubber of the tire on the asphalt, which is normal.

For low noise squeaks, it could be anything. How low of a speed are we talking about here? New tires? OEM tires?
It's not a rubber noise it's sounds like metal squeaking

Mine squeaks a bit at low speeds, too. It sounds like the chassis to me but I'm no expert. I never hear it at higher speeds,, but that's probably because it's drowned out by road noise.

I took it in for its annual oil change and checkup soon after I first noticed the squeaks, but I didn't mention it to the mechanics. I figured if there was a problem they would find it. They didn't say anything about it, and after the service it was still there. I decided it wasn't anything to worry about. I hope I'm right!
I will see maybe it was due to a temperature change if it squeaks in the following days I will definitely take it to the dealer.
What I found is that all Hyundai models often have problems with subframe bolts not torqued correctly. Unfortunately I don't have a car canal so that I can crouch underneath the car and inspect it thoroughly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
this being a 2022 car everything is almost still in the condition when it was installed so more then likely it won't be a defected part but with "Murphy's Law" it might be a bad part but at least what ever the noise is, it won't be covered in things like grease/oil or mud and dirt hiding the problem...one thing I've found is if you get your vehicle sprayed with a rust Inhibitor like Rust Check or Krown Rust inhibitor everything will be lubricated and more then likely you won't hear any creaks or growns as your vehicle ages 🙄

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:
So I took it to the dealer but unfortunately that day it didn't squeak at all (Like when something hurts for a week and you go to the doctor and then nothing hurts).They checked the car and found no problems everything was in place and as it should be. Couple of days later it started again. It is very hard to diagnose because it happens on some days and on some it doesn't. Sounds like when you have intercourse on a very old bed

Finally I was able to record it when it happens, here is the audio. Please listen in in a quietest environment you can and with your volume to the max to hear the squeaking noise. Ignore the dinging noise that is my keychain hitting the plastic on the wheel. If anyone can help me diagnose this I would be forever grateful

Audio file:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Update:
So I took it to the dealer but unfortunately that day it didn't squeak at all (Like when something hurts for a week and you go to the doctor and then nothing hurts).They checked the car and found no problems everything was in place and as it should be. Couple of days later it started again. It is very hard to diagnose because it happens on some days and on some it doesn't. Sounds like when you have intercourse on a very old bed

Finally I was able to record it when it happens, here is the audio. Please listen in in a quietest environment you can and with your volume to the max to hear the squeaking noise. Ignore the dinging noise that is my keychain hitting the plastic on the wheel. If anyone can help me diagnose this I would be forever grateful

Audio file:
turn your radio up and you won't hear it 🤣...sorry, I couldn't resist...have you looked up under the dash, I still don't have my new Venue so I don't know if it's easy to look up under the dash or if you have to remove any panels to do that...if you can look with a light or feel anything that may be loose or rubbing or see something that shouldn't be there that may have been left there when the vehicle was on the assembly line...I'm thinking it sounds like two pieces of solid foam rubbing together...I don't know if manufactures still use foam for insulation to block road noise, I know some manufactures use to spray foam in places to stop noise...take 2 pieces of solid foam and rub them together and you'll understand the noise I'm talking about...have you ever had anyone sitting in the back seat who could also hear the noise and if they do I wonder if it's louder to them than you, which would give you a better idea where it's coming from.

Here in Canada many people get their vehicles sprayed with Rust Check or similar types of products under their vehicles on all the exposed parts and in fender wells and door inner panels and it's like an oil spray like WD40 and it seeps between metal parts and if the noise was that, it would then go away, so if you don't do that where you live or don't need to do that because you don't have the winter road salt on roads that make the rust happen, you could spray something like WD40 on any areas that you may think are causing the noise.
Another thing you could do is to check any nuts or bolts or screws are a little loose in places like your grill or anything under the hood like your washer bottle or other things other then the engine or heavy bolts used to hold the parts of the vehicle together and things like plastic parts like your battery cover etc. and at the back of you vehicle like where your spare tire and tools are or where panels are which many now have clips that the panels are just pushed into clips that hold them and it could be it's from two panels rubbing against each other which if you can push on them you will probably hear the sound.

good luck...my now daily driver of 20 years that my new Venue will replace has noises of wore out parts etc. that I hear and turning up the radio fixes that...the reason for my satire at the start of my post here 🤣

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
.. .the reason for my satire at the start of my post here 🤣
Thanks a lot for your time and your reply. Its heard from the front because when I go over speed bumps slowly I can hear as soon as the front is getting lifted. They checked in the dealer and they don't seem to find anything that was loose. I am afraid if I spray everything with wd40 it might be a potential fire hazard in the future since that is flammable. I'll keep investigating and post here when I find the cause if I actually find it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts