Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took some pics today of the engine bay. I love all the space afforded by having a tall boxy crossover/SUV with a boxy front-end and a small engine.

Wow, the light bulbs and their harnesses are literally right there and you can reach in to change them. I've replaced the bulbs in about 5 different makes/models of cars over the last few years for friends, and some of these jobs are a major PITA. Sometimes you have to actually remove a wheel to get to it, and there's usually a tiny plastic port you remove to get to the bulb. And it's still hard to get to it. So then you may accidentally break one of these $20 bulbs (or more if they're HID) or break the harness/wiring.

I am glad the Venue's engine bay is how it is. Oh and look how easy the alternator is to get to.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My previous two cars were little Toyotas. I could see the oil filter and sump plug easily to change the oil myself.
Is it the same for the petrol Venue? Do I need to remove a cover to get at the oil filter or sump plug?
Thx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My previous two cars were little Toyotas. I could see the oil filter and sump plug easily to change the oil myself.
Is it the same for the petrol Venue? Do I need to remove a cover to get at the oil filter or sump plug?
Thx
I am only at 2500 KMs and haven't changed it yet, but I am going to do it myself at about 2500 KM. I think it should be easy. My other 2 small 4 bangers (Ford Focus and Honda CRV) were easy. Drive on ramps, and the filter and plug are right there with nothing in the way.

Maybe I will film myself doing it and put on YouTube as no one else has yet. I use full synthetic and will use a real Hyundai filter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait for your oil change video
I just got a new Panasonic Lumix HD camera last year. I can't wait to try out the HD video, and I already have a YouTube channel with 5 videos on it (automotive/mechanical related). I even have 2 sizes of tripods. So many YouTube vids have the person holding the camera with one hand and doing the work with the other. I am not coordinated enough to do that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got a new Panasonic Lumix HD camera last year. I can't wait to try out the HD video, and I already have a YouTube channel with 5 videos on it (automotive/mechanical related). I even have 2 sizes of tripods. So many YouTube vids have the person holding the camera with one hand and doing the work with the other. I am not coordinated enough to do that.
Thx Justin. Looking forward to it. If you have time to include ALL the steps you take, that would be great, as I can't even figure out how to take off the plastic engine cover for fear of breaking it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts