Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took some pics today of the engine bay. I love all the space afforded by having a tall boxy crossover/SUV with a boxy front-end and a small engine.

Wow, the light bulbs and their harnesses are literally right there and you can reach in to change them. I've replaced the bulbs in about 5 different makes/models of cars over the last few years for friends, and some of these jobs are a major PITA. Sometimes you have to actually remove a wheel to get to it, and there's usually a tiny plastic port you remove to get to the bulb. And it's still hard to get to it. So then you may accidentally break one of these $20 bulbs (or more if they're HID) or break the harness/wiring.

I am glad the Venue's engine bay is how it is. Oh and look how easy the alternator is to get to.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
My previous two cars were little Toyotas. I could see the oil filter and sump plug easily to change the oil myself.
Is it the same for the petrol Venue? Do I need to remove a cover to get at the oil filter or sump plug?
Thx

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My previous two cars were little Toyotas. I could see the oil filter and sump plug easily to change the oil myself.
Is it the same for the petrol Venue? Do I need to remove a cover to get at the oil filter or sump plug?
Thx
I am only at 2500 KMs and haven't changed it yet, but I am going to do it myself at about 2500 KM. I think it should be easy. My other 2 small 4 bangers (Ford Focus and Honda CRV) were easy. Drive on ramps, and the filter and plug are right there with nothing in the way.

Maybe I will film myself doing it and put on YouTube as no one else has yet. I use full synthetic and will use a real Hyundai filter.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait for your oil change video
I just got a new Panasonic Lumix HD camera last year. I can't wait to try out the HD video, and I already have a YouTube channel with 5 videos on it (automotive/mechanical related). I even have 2 sizes of tripods. So many YouTube vids have the person holding the camera with one hand and doing the work with the other. I am not coordinated enough to do that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got a new Panasonic Lumix HD camera last year. I can't wait to try out the HD video, and I already have a YouTube channel with 5 videos on it (automotive/mechanical related). I even have 2 sizes of tripods. So many YouTube vids have the person holding the camera with one hand and doing the work with the other. I am not coordinated enough to do that.
Thx Justin. Looking forward to it. If you have time to include ALL the steps you take, that would be great, as I can't even figure out how to take off the plastic engine cover for fear of breaking it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took some pics today of the engine bay. I love all the space afforded by having a tall boxy crossover/SUV with a boxy front-end and a small engine.

Wow, the light bulbs and their harnesses are literally right there and you can reach in to change them. I've replaced the bulbs in about 5 different makes/models of cars over the last few years for friends, and some of these jobs are a major PITA. Sometimes you have to actually remove a wheel to get to it, and there's usually a tiny plastic port you remove to get to the bulb. And it's still hard to get to it. So then you may accidentally break one of these $20 bulbs (or more if they're HID) or break the harness/wiring.

I am glad the Venue's engine bay is how it is. Oh and look how easy the alternator is to get to.
How do you get parking light bulb once you removed the wiring harness? Do you twist it? Pull? Please help:). Thanks kindly

·
Registered
2022 Venue Essential - 6 Speed Manual - Polar white
38 Posts
Here is a couple of Youtube Videos for an Oil Change in a Venue. Should be the same in2020/ 2021/2022 Models I think. And this is for the North American Models with the 1.6L Gasoline Engine. The engine Versions in other countries might be different.
This one shows you how to properly do the Oil Filter change.
This one is from an Amateur doing it but it gives you a good idea how to go about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts