Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over and helped a friend clean out a storage space. I got about 8 large totes in it, plus some smaller boxes, and some smaller stuff got stuffed into the floorboards. I drove 2 loads over to his house. So about 25 boxes/totes and lots of smaller stuff.

I had the rear seats down with a sheet over them and the rear cargo area. I pushed the front seats all the way to the front and as far forward as they'd go to see how much space is available. I am only 5'9", so I could probably sleep comfortably in the back. And my GF is only 5'3" so she definitely would. We'd have to put our stuff in the floorboards of the rear seats so whatever we're sleeping on would have some support, so our legs won't dangle. Probably an air mattress or foam pad.

A few years ago, I was out west helping my mom sell her old house and buy a new one. I borrowed her new Jeep Patriot and went car camping in it with my sister and her husband. I slept comfortably in the back with the seats folded. I just put down some foam and a sleeping pad. They had to sleep in the front of their Corolla sedan with the seats leaned back. Hard to sleep with you aren't lying flat.

I offered to let them sleep in the Jeep, and they said no.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agree I had some totes and boxes that I took out to B.C. in a rental SUV(Kona) and this had way more space bringing them back with that drop in the back storage area was able to have them all and be below my headline/eyesight. The Kona was packed to the roof. I rented a bunch of different Cars/SUVs this year prior to the hike in June and the Venue is the best with leg room and cargo space. Jsut bought my Venue from in Sept.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts