Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over and helped a friend clean out a storage space. I got about 8 large totes in it, plus some smaller boxes, and some smaller stuff got stuffed into the floorboards. I drove 2 loads over to his house. So about 25 boxes/totes and lots of smaller stuff.

I had the rear seats down with a sheet over them and the rear cargo area. I pushed the front seats all the way to the front and as far forward as they'd go to see how much space is available. I am only 5'9", so I could probably sleep comfortably in the back. And my GF is only 5'3" so she definitely would. We'd have to put our stuff in the floorboards of the rear seats so whatever we're sleeping on would have some support, so our legs won't dangle. Probably an air mattress or foam pad.

A few years ago, I was out west helping my mom sell her old house and buy a new one. I borrowed her new Jeep Patriot and went car camping in it with my sister and her husband. I slept comfortably in the back with the seats folded. I just put down some foam and a sleeping pad. They had to sleep in the front of their Corolla sedan with the seats leaned back. Hard to sleep with you aren't lying flat.

I offered to let them sleep in the Jeep, and they said no.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Agree I had some totes and boxes that I took out to B.C. in a rental SUV(Kona) and this had way more space bringing them back with that drop in the back storage area was able to have them all and be below my headline/eyesight. The Kona was packed to the roof. I rented a bunch of different Cars/SUVs this year prior to the hike in June and the Venue is the best with leg room and cargo space. Jsut bought my Venue from in Sept.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't wait to fit things myself. Coming from a Honda Fit that had an insane amount of room. I could fit new dryer in a box, a huge butcher block counter top, an inflatable kayak and an antique wooden desk. Most items with trunk closed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can't wait to fit things myself. Coming from a Honda Fit that had an insane amount of room. I could fit new dryer in a box, a huge butcher block counter top, an inflatable kayak and an antique wooden desk. Most items with trunk closed.
The Honda Fit was an awesome car. I can't believe they discontinued it. I never owned one, but I always liked them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Honda Fit was an awesome car. I can't believe they discontinued it. I never owned one, but I always liked them.
Yeah, they have like 52 square feet of cargo volume with the seats folded or 5 square meters. I wonder if that includes the "magic front passenger seat"? It folds flat. Venue does have like 15% more cargo volume with the rear seats in passenger mode.

I think the Fit was made in Japan and didn't sell well here due to North Americans' preference for larger vehicles. And it was a cheap vehicle, so profits were low on it compared to a Pilot, premium CRV/Accord, etc..

We have a friend who worked at a Honda dealer about 4-5 years ago (she now works at a Buick dealer). Anyway, she sent me a link to a Civic sedan she was about to buy from the Honda dealership to replace her old beater. This Civic was 4 years old with 70k miles for like $16k. I said, "no instead buy this Honda Fit in your inventory". It was 2 years old, 35k miles, for $14k, and it had a better CarFax (oil changes every 3k, Civic had like 8k-10k intervals). Also, the Fit was Honda Certified with a 10-year warranty.

I knew it was a better fit for her since she has a horse. You can put a bail of hay in a Fit if you put a tarp down.

I bought a vintage 1960s bike at a yard sale last weekend -- full size, and it fit in the back of the Venue. I was happy. I still need to get crossbars for the roof rack. I had to push my GF"s seat up a ways to get the bike in AND close the hatch, so I need to get the crossbars for things like bikes, canoes, and kayaks.

Also, I wish the rear hatch lid had a handle of sorts. If it did, I could've hung the bike over the rear bumper and then roped the hatch down most of the way. I think I will add one. I will make it look like factory-installed, so if I ever go to trade it in or sell it, they won't question it.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
297 Posts
Speaking of cargo...struck a deal on some used laminate flooring for the basement...The guy installed it, his wife didn't like the color, made him take it up and I bought it for $100 including two full boxes.. Two rooms worth 22X10 and 15X15.
The little blue Venue bottomed out quite often on the way home...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

In order to close the hatch, I had to put the seats far to the front and tilt the back so my chest was nearly on the steering wheel. I'm 6'2 and I could barely get my knees in...lol...but I got it home. That stuff is heavy.
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Light

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
297 Posts
Limit exceeded...lol
25.5 boxes of laminate (see post above), in the back of the Venue, at 35 pounds each. 892.5 pounds.
Plus Me and Wife for a total of 1237.5 pounds.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Signage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts