Hyundai Venue Forum banner

Thinking about Venue

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  imaddicted2u 
#1 ·
Hi from Nova Scotia, Canada. I'm thinking about to making the jump to a 2021 Hyundai Venue, Preferred trim.
I am wondering if there are any issues or concerns about the vehicle. Reading through the forum I haven't found any glaring issues so it seems all the members are happy with their choice, but thought I'd ask anyway.
Also how much do you think a buyer should be able to negotiate off the MSRP?

#2 ·
I just bought a Venue SEL Premium and I like it a lot. I’ve had it for over a month. No problems. It’s peppy, decent ride, very good fuel economy, handling and braking. I got $3000 off the sticker window price. For what I paid it’s a steal. You should be able to get at least 10-12% off asking price.

#3 ·
I hate to give feedback with such little data, but I can’t help it this time.
About a month into my 21 denim and I love this little guy! Like the award says...best value winner, so if you get a couple of grand off the sticker, even better. I had to pay the man to get the denim from another dealership, but I have found over the long haul it’s always better to get a new vehicle EXACTLY the way you want it, and worry about money later. I did score my 1500 rebate with an excellent trade in price. I really don’t give a crap if I want it. 😜
IVT has a learning curve, but other than that this guy is a winner if it holds up. Love the tech and the smooth ride. Good on gas as well!

#5 · (Edited)
Some tips: There are two types of discounts, the Hyundai Dealer discount and the Hyundai Manufacturer rebate. (USA at least)

You can probably get $1,500-$2,000 off from the dealer depending on how good looking you are .

Then, they will ask you if you want another $1,500 off from the manufacturer, or low financing from the manufacturer (0 to 2%). (They probably will not give you both. Some car brands do both)

You will want to pre qualify from your own personal bank or a third party finance so that you can opt to get the manufacturer discount instead. Or you can pay all cash to get the manufacturer discount.

You can also get additional discounts ($400-$1,000) if you are a student, military, recent grad, front liner and etc. as your occupation, but they need proof.

Lastly, if you buy through a wholesale club like Costco, you can get freebies like aftermarket discounts or gift card ($100-$200) from Costco.

#6 ·
Man, I tried to get a better deal but no way. Only able to get the current offer of $500 Hyundai Canada discount. I tried other dealers in the Province. Nobody will budge on the price. Warranty is very different here than USA, in Canada it's 5 years/100,000 kilometers total, while in USA it's 5 years/100,000 kilometers bumper to bumper and 10 years/160,000 kilometers on power train and I heard 3 years maintenance included.
Anyway, my wife likes it so I guess were buying a blue preferred model next week.

#7 ·
As long as you did your best to find the best price, that is all that matters.

You can pick a different car model, or brand, but you will feel like you compromised.
I could have gotten a Kia Seltos, or a Jeep Renegade, but I would probably kick myself over if I did.

#8 ·
The salesman I'm buying from is a life long friend of my neighbor. I had asked him for the best price he could give me. He got a little perturbed when I tried to get some more off, saying I already went as low as I can. He told me he could have gone $2000 lower in January when Hyundai had an incentive going.
I almost bought a Kia Soul. It was supposed to be a new 2020 Demo (leftover with 3700 km of "test driving" on it). I had actually made a deal on it.
Something in the back of my mind didn't sit right about it. It was bugging me so I ran a Carfax on the "New" car. Turned out my suspicions were right. The vehicle was registered for the road to somebody in January 2020 and for some reason landed up back in the hands of Kia in July 2020 when they recorded the odometer at 3500 km Then it sat at the dealership until now, gaining only 200 km. I was pushed towards it over the 2021 I was initially interested in. It was presented by numerous people at the Kia dealership as new, the bill of sale said "New 2020 Kia Soul" except, it wasn't new but I was paying a slightly less than new car price for a 15 month old used car.
The shocked look on the salesman's face when I laid the Carfax on his desk was priceless.The smooth talking crook was left speechless, caught. I got my deposit back and ran from that dealership. I was driving by there yesterday, they put it back in the lineup with the "New" cars, 2020 Demo sticker back in the windshield, waiting for the next unsuspecting mark.

#9 ·
I really think that how good a deal you can get depends how many they have sitting on their lot. It is tough for me to tell with my transaction because I traded a car with problems, but the dealer had 16 Venues and made me an offer I really liked right from the get go. They are a brand new dealership that have a huge lot filled with everything except the hard to get models (no Venue Denims or Velosters). I told them I wanted a small, white, boxy hatchback and they had two white Venue SE and 2 white SEL, so they seemed VERY interested in making a deal!

#14 ·
Our local dealer had zero inventory of Venues. Well, there was one in the service dept getting an oil change, lol. In fact, their entire lot was low on inventory. They just had like 3 each of Elantras, Sonatas, Santa Fes, Tucsons. I briefly checked their CPO lineup, but why pay $19k for a used 2018 Kona with 30k miles when I could get a brand new Venue which I prefer for about the same price.

My dealer's been selling cars like nuts plus chip shortage impacted supply. So I had to pay $20,500 for my Venue SEL. I think that's what it was. I forgot.

#10 ·
Should be the least expensive SUV available in Canada. It has more headroom than other sub-compact SUVs. Good MPG (31-34) and enough power to get around. You can also check out the Kia Seltos, Kia Soul or Hyundai Kona. Also nice is the Mazda CX-3. I would skip the Hondas and Toyotas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.