Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 months of enjoying our Venue, today I just noticed another feature -- a handy paperwork clip on the sun visor to put things like insurance ID card/registration, etc..

My uncle was a huge JC Whitney Fan. Every vehicle he owned had a document holder on the sunvisor sourced from JC Whitney. It was like a patent leather thing with metal clips, and the insurance/registration was in it. I drove a few cars of his from time to time, and they all had it. RIP uncle.

Any other features you didn't know your Venue had?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I use that little clip all the time. I keep a piece of paper there where I write down my gas purchases and odometer readings so I can calculate my own gas mileage and check it against the on-board computer (spoiler alert: the on-board computer is pretty accurate), as well as my loyalty card for the local liquor store.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use that little clip all the time. I keep a piece of paper there where I write down my gas purchases and odometer readings so I can calculate my own gas mileage and check it against the on-board computer (spoiler alert: the on-board computer is pretty accurate), as well as my loyalty card for the local liquor store.
If you ever make it to NE Ohio, I will buy you all the beer you can drink at our local pub. :) I am glad the onboard computer is pretty accurate because I am too lazy to calculate the MPG's by hand.

I remember my grandparents bought a brand new 1981 Buick Regal, and we went on a road trip soon after and my grandfather kept track of the gas receipts and mileage to track his mileage. I think it had the smaller V6 (3.3 liter and not the famous Buick 3.8 which was probably a $200 option). Ha. That 3.3 gave them some hassles if memory serves. My 2021 self would've told them back then to get the 3.8.

First car my family had that had a trip computer/MPG meter was a 1981 Chrysler Imperial that my mechanic dad bought to flip in like 1990. It had the problematic Lean Burn/EFI system on its 318ci, so he removed it and put a carb on it. Then he sold it. It was a beautiful car -- black with gray leather. Digital dash, power everything, power sunroof.

Another feature I love on the Venue is the package shelf in front of the front passenger seat. We keep our smart phones in there.

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
70 Posts
Wow...I was just about to post that I didn't have this clip. Went outside to double check and it turns out that I do! I never noticed it before.

·
Super Moderator
Chicago Ralph 2020™
245 Posts
1.)
Hold the Lock and Unlock Button for 5-7 seconds to make the car blink.
In India, this feature was used to enable/disable the unlock/lock horn sounds.
In the US, we get the silly light show.

2.)
When you lock your car, the Interior Dome Lights will turn off regardless what position it is on.
I tried to camp in the car with the car locked and interior lights on for a bit.
Interior lights don't work while the car is locked. Maybe for battery draining prevention.

3.)
Blue Link Enabled Cars have a Weekly Driving Score Report.
It tells you how good/bad your driving is.
There is an option to share this to an affiliate insurance.
My score is about 30-40 per week out of a 100. Blame Cali Rush Lifestyle.

4.)
Car has a voice recorder option if you dig deep enough. As well as sounds of nature for the a stressful lifestyle.

5.)
Blue Link shows a picture of a white car, which is the same as mine. Although, the wheels are wrong.
I wonder if someone has a different colored car, their start-up picture is different, too.
It shows real time miles, and car status. I can also yell at my smart watch/phone to start my car if I wanna be an arrogant bastard on public.

6.)
I believe the car windows and sunroof are pressure sensitive.
They will stop moving if they sense any blockage like a head, or hands.
Do not try!

7.)
Driver Handle bar is missing. Stupid by the way 🤬

8.)
The amber lights at the front will light up if you are parked, or below a certain speed.
Kinda like a safety measure.
Hard to explain.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm not sure this is totally on topic, as it's something I have noticed, but I have no idea what it is! It looks like a little speaker grill. It isn't mentioned in my manual anywhere I can find. Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Elite
5 Posts
I'm not sure this is totally on topic, as it's something I have noticed, but I have no idea what it is! It looks like a little speaker grill. It isn't mentioned in my manual anywhere I can find. Anyone have any idea?

View attachment 779
This is the microphone for the bluetooth & infotainment system. Hyundai typically integrates it behind a grill in the sunglasses holder unit but as the Venue does not have that it's sort of sat there all on its lonesome on the roof.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, I have found it's way easier to interact with Google over the microphone then trying to push buttons on the touchscreen. Just push the button steering wheel to pull up the "listen" feature and Google will listen and do what you want -- play Pandora, navigate to home, play "This Week in Tech "podcast, etc..

Phone calls sound great over the infotainment system. Haven't had any trouble hearing or talking to people.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
46 Posts
This one is probably obvious to most, but at least one family member fuels up like this...

Instead of this...now that they know, everyone is fueling up like this now...I hope...lol

·
Registered
2021 Ceramic White SE, iVT(CVT)
26 Posts
After 3 months of enjoying our Venue, today I just noticed another feature -- a handy paperwork clip on the sun visor to put things like insurance ID card/registration, etc..

My uncle was a huge JC Whitney Fan. Every vehicle he owned had a document holder on the sunvisor sourced from JC Whitney. It was like a patent leather thing with metal clips, and the insurance/registration was in it. I drove a few cars of his from time to time, and they all had it. RIP uncle.

Any other features you didn't know your Venue had?

View attachment 757
That little clip also presses on the "off" side of the map light, so if you forget to turn off the light and raise the visor the clip will turn it off for you.

·
Registered
2021 Ceramic White SE, iVT(CVT)
26 Posts
That little clip also presses on the "off" side of the map light, so if you forget to turn off the light and raise the visor the clip will turn it off for you.
Ooops, I double checked and it isn't the clip that makes contact with the "off" side of the map light. It is the visor itself, just below the clip. Still, it's nice that just flipping up the visor makes sure the map light goes off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The grocery bag hook, in the left trunk wheel well, came in handy after a bit of apple picking this weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts