Hyundai Venue Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
320 Posts
Does anybody else use the automatic dimming high beam light system in the Venue? I have the SEL trim. I assume it's probably standard across the lineup. You put it in this mode and the high beams will be on until it senses lots of lights or an oncoming car, then it will lower the headlights to normal, then when the lights in your path go dimmer it will go back to high beams.

This feature first appeared in the early 1950s on Cadillacs as the "autronic eye" option. An early 1950's Cadillac in today's dollars would be like $60,000. So our modestly priced Venues are indeed very well-equipped.

I also love the automatic headlights. I just leave it in Auto mode, and also the HVAC system I leave it in auto mode at 68 degrees F.

Interesting.

I actually have only used it once while driving near a forest road.
I am not confident about that feature. I feel like it works the way it is intended, but oncoming drivers are blinded by a few seconds before it turns off.
Because the sensor has to detect light first before shutting off, and what if their light is still "reaching" you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have it on my 2021 SE Model and they seem to work great at night, Bright's are on and when a on coming car pops up from a really far distance it Dims itself (Sooner than I would of) I just leave it on auto.. the only thing I was not for sure on was why it didn't work on a dark rainy day, it was pouring rain out and pretty darn cloudy with black clouds (Dark) and I noticed they weren't on so I had to manually turn on the lights

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Interesting.

I actually have only used it once while driving near a forest road.
I am not confident about that feature. I feel like it works the way it is intended, but oncoming drivers are blinded by a few seconds before it turns off.
Because the sensor has to detect light first before shutting off, and what if their light is still "reaching" you.
Hmmm, mine seems to be faster. It turns it down pretty quickly when it sees an oncoming car.

Heck around here, in the land of no safety inspections, about 1 in 5 vehicles have a headlight missing and tons of burnt-out taillights. Especially if driving through the slummier areas.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I noticed an interesting twist recently. When I park the car, if I hit the "lock" button on the door as I am exiting the vehicle, and then slam it shut, the dome light goes out almost immediately. But... if I hit the "unlock" button on the door, usually because I am planning to get something out of the back seat or the trunk, the dome light will stay on for about thirty seconds before going out. I guess it makes sense, but I'm surprised that they bothered to program it that way.

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
320 Posts
Hmmm, mine seems to be faster. It turns it down pretty quickly when it sees an oncoming car.

Heck around here, in the land of no safety inspections, about 1 in 5 vehicles have a headlight missing and tons of burnt-out taillights. Especially if driving through the slummier areas.
Thanks for reminding me that features exists. LOL!

I just used it, again. It worked like a charm.
However, the car behind me (Jeep Gladiator) was using the same feature, and it was kind of annoying.

I think this feature is only useful for incoming traffic,
If there is a car in front of you, don't use the auto high beams. LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
This one is probably obvious to most, but at least one family member fuels up like this...
View attachment 780

Instead of this...now that they know, everyone is fueling up like this now...I hope...lol
View attachment 781
I had no idea that existed, I was indeed a dangler!

On a side note, the dealership lent me a Tucson while doing some work on the Venue. I searched high and low for the gas fill release lever. I had to google the answer while standing at the pump, just push in the door and it unlocks (if the car is unlocked). Reminded me of the poor gas jockeys who searched fruitlessly for the filler tube on my '57 Chevy... no one thought to look for a door on the tail fin :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anybody else use the automatic dimming high beam light system in the Venue? I have the SEL trim. I assume it's probably standard across the lineup. You put it in this mode and the high beams will be on until it senses lots of lights or an oncoming car, then it will lower the headlights to normal, then when the lights in your path go dimmer it will go back to high beams.

This feature first appeared in the early 1950s on Cadillacs as the "autronic eye" option. An early 1950's Cadillac in today's dollars would be like $60,000. So our modestly priced Venues are indeed very well-equipped.

I also love the automatic headlights. I just leave it in Auto mode, and also the HVAC system I leave it in auto mode at 68 degrees F.

Great feature that I used on the road trip to Banff. Seemed to work flawlessly.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had no idea that existed, I was indeed a dangler!

On a side note, the dealership lent me a Tucson while doing some work on the Venue. I searched high and low for the gas fill release lever. I had to google the answer while standing at the pump, just push in the door and it unlocks (if the car is unlocked). Reminded me of the poor gas jockeys who searched fruitlessly for the filler tube on my '57 Chevy... no one thought to look for a door on the tail fin :D
I used to have a 1968 Cougar where the gas tank filler was behind the rear license plate! The plate was hinged at the bottom.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used to have a 1968 Cougar where the gas tank filler was behind the rear license plate! The plate was hinged at the bottom.
My '69 Pontiac had the same setup. Easy to fill from either the left or the right.

One thing I appreciate on newer cars is the little arrow on the instrument cluster that points to the side of the car where the filler door is located.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My '69 Pontiac had the same setup. Easy to fill from either the left or the right.

One thing I appreciate on newer cars is the little arrow on the instrument cluster that points to the side of the car where the filler door is located.
Yes, that is ESPECIALLY appreciated on rental cars, where you are hurrying to fill it up to avoid a horrible fuel charge and not miss your flight!

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
79 Posts
When I start my winter program from the phone, it takes little time for it to blow warm air on startup. Is this what you guys are talking about?
Very cool and very needed on winter mornings.👍🏼
Yes, When the engine starts and the outside temperature is below 50 degrees f, the electric heater turns on until the engine coolant is hot enough to provide the needed heat. It also comes on if it is exceptionally cold out to assist the regular heater.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
79 Posts
Another thing I noticed since it's been getting colder, the heated seat button, I was pressing it 3 times to shut them off when on high. Turns out, if you hold the button for a couple of seconds, the heater shuts off no matter which setting it's on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Another thing I noticed since it's been getting colder, the heated seat button, I was pressing it 3 times to shut them off when on high. Turns out, if you hold the button for a couple of seconds, the heater shuts off no matter which setting it's on.
Did you get the snowflake popup on the digital screen yet? This morning here in Ohio, a snowflake popped up and warned that there might be ice on the roads and to be careful. :) It was a beautiful snowflake too.

I guess it's based on the built-in thermometer and when it gets below 0 degrees C, it pops on.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Did you get the snowflake popup on the digital screen yet? This morning here in Ohio, a snowflake popped up and warned that there might be ice on the roads and to be careful. :) It was a beautiful snowflake too.

I guess it's based on the built-in thermometer and when it gets below 0 degrees C, it pops on.
I get that too. And you are correct, it seems to be totally based on outside temperature, without regard for any moisture in the air or on the ground.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Does anyone know if the clock automatically synchs to anything? I don't mean like for time zones or daylight savings, but just to stay accurate? Most car clocks I've had tended to drift a bit and you have to adjust them occasionally. But my Venue infotainment system clock has been accurate to the second for two years now. I don't even have the navigation system, just the base SE system. I'm curious if it uses GPS or radio or something to keep the clock accurate.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts