Hyundai Venue Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
If selected...Uses GPS to keep clock on time.
Check yours by following these menus...
All Menus > Setup > General>Date/Time
Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Signage

Registered
With the cold weather setting in, the PTC heater has become apparent. Heat right away on those cold morning starts.
View attachment 960
is this PTC something that standard on the Venue? I have the 2021 SE model, I've noticed with the weather dropping down in the lower 40's that when I start my Venue up in the non-heated garage that after about 10 mins or so its still blowing cold out of the vents and the temp gauge hasn't move up any, Once I start to drive it warms up really quick

Registered
I figured it was standard but I can't say for sure. Check in the engine compartment fuse box. Look for a 50 amp fuse marked PTC HEATER. If the fuse is there, I would think you have the electric heater and perhaps it's faulty. Check with your dealer to confirm.
Rectangle Schematic Font Line Parallel

Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
I don't think the PTC heater is available on the US models. The Canadian spec sheet explicitly lists "Passive temperature control heater" as standard across all trim levels, but I can't find any mention of it on the US site.

So you lucky Canadians get all the good stuff: The heater, the manual transmission, and the sport grill.

Registered
My first thought was "passive temperature control" means manual controls vs Automatic climate control...but...I could be wrong.
Thanks for the shop manual link. Pretty handy to have.
Page 47 of section 16 - in the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning pdf shows the PTC heater as #4 on the parts blowup diagram.
Page 58 details PTC heater removal.
So, the answer remains clear as mud. I think, if the fuse is there the heater is there.

Registered
I figured it was standard but I can't say for sure. Check in the engine compartment fuse box. Look for a 50 amp fuse marked PTC HEATER. If the fuse is there, I would think you have the electric heater and perhaps it's faulty. Check with your dealer to confirm.
View attachment 978
Thanks a lot for the Heads up on what to look for, I took a look and there is no 50amp fuse there, plus there are no wires going to that spot under the fuse box..Im guessing at this point the 2021 SE model does not come equipped with it :(

Registered
I don't think the PTC heater is available on the US models. The Canadian spec sheet explicitly lists "Passive temperature control heater" as standard across all trim levels, but I can't find any mention of it on the US site.

So you lucky Canadians get all the good stuff: The heater, the manual transmission, and the sport grill.
there is no way my car could blow warm air so fast without this thing. Mine has got to have one and it鈥檚 a us model.

Registered
Thanks a lot for the Heads up on what to look for, I took a look and there is no 50amp fuse there, plus there are no wires going to that spot under the fuse box..Im guessing at this point the 2021 SE model does not come equipped with it :(
That would seem to be the case although I found this on a Hyundai parts site. One of the selections is weather type so it seems they are built for the climate in the area where they are sold. I'm guessing a SE model sold in a warmer area doesn't get the PTC heater while a SE built for colder climates gets one.

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Today with heavy wiper use, I noticed that the intermittent wiper rotary switch on the stalk has a front and rear. The switch goes from the front to the back, so it's easier to rotate either way. Pretty cool. I never saw that level of detail before in such minute features.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts