Hyundai Venue Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

Registered
Another feature that I just found today. I was waiting for my wife at a walmart parking lot with the gear on Neutral, parking brake engage, AC on, and engine running (of course) and I saw this: the backup camera was on with the message "Check surroundings for your safety". Does the Venue know that I'm in a bad neighborhood? Was it trying to tell me to get ready with my Glock?
Why was the backup camera on? Mine only comes on when I'm in reverse. Although I can see the value of it if you are parked in a dicey neighborhood.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
Why was the backup camera on? Mine only comes on when I'm in reverse. Although I can see the value of it if you are parked in a dicey neighborhood.
There is a setting that keeps the camera on after you leave reverse to any gear selector position. It turns off when you reach a pre-determined speed.
On the infotainment system, Setup, Display, Extend rear view camera.

Registered
2022 Venue SEL (USA) - "Hydo"
Another thing that caught my attention was a steaming coffee cup picture that displayed momentarily on the cluster display saying "It's time for a break (or something to that effect)" with a beep after more than two hours driving. On long trips, I usually drive more than 2 hours straight between gas/rest/food stop and that display usually reminds me to take a break but I just ignore it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
The large washer fluid reservoir is a useful feature. You can almost stuff an entire standard thing of washer fluid in it. I ran out of washer fluid a few weeks ago and finally bought some today. I filled it up and there was just a tiny bit left in the bottle. After I ran it to clean the windshield I am sure the rest of it will fit in the reservoir.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
A friend's fridge died yesterday, and I went over to pick up a chest freezer he bought from someone. I put a tarp down to protect the bumper and the interior, as we slid it in. It is nice that the Venue has this rubber membrane, however, on top of the rear bumper cover to protect the paint/finish.

Attachments

61 - 67 of 67 Posts