Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. My 2020 Venue is my first car to have this feature and it kind of baffles me.

A few days ago, I got the dashboard light telling me some or all of my tires were low. Not surprising, as Winter is coming and the ambient temperature has dropped twenty degrees in the last few days. I went to the gas station, plugged in my two bucks worth of quarters, and filled the tires up to the recommended pressure (36 psi) according to my handy dandy manual pressure gage. I got back in the car and drove home, but the Low Pressure warning still showed on the dashboard!

I thought, WTF? But I figured I'd deal with it later. But the next morning when I got in the car, the dashboard warning was gone, and has remained gone for a week now.

So here is my question: Why does the TPMS take a day or so to respond to changes in the tire pressure? I'm not sure how it works, but I would have thought it would react to changes in inflation pressure in a lot less that a full day. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
I've never got a pressure warning but whenever I fill my tires I can see the pressure changing on the display. Since you are sure all your tires have 36PSI. You should see all tires at 36PSI. If you don't you may have a faulty sensor or TPMS system.
Here is what the manual has to say...
Font Terrestrial plant Circle

If there is a system problem this is the action of the light...
Font Terrestrial plant Circle Screenshot Number

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most cars take a bit of driving before it resets, especially likes ours where its just a dummy light.
I normally drive the car around a bit after refilling the air so the TPMS would be recalibrated.
Thanks, guys. I just did a quick Google and apparently it takes "twenty minutes" to "a few miles" before the TPMS resets itself. That wasn't for Venues in particular but just cars in general.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
I normally drive the car around a bit after refilling the air so the TPMS would be recalibrated.
Maybe my Preferred model has a different TPMS. I can call up the pressure in all the tires on the dash display. When one got low the dummy light came on. I could see the display as I filled the left rear tire. It's displayed reading responded almost instantly to the air pressure as it changed and the dummy light turned off right away when the pressure got above 30ish PSI. Cars that you have to drive around to reset the light don't have pressure sensors in the wheels. They use the RPMXDiameter method to calculate when a tire is down on pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts