Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2020 Venue SEL with the CVT transmission and it recently started having trouble shifting when in D. There are no issues when it is in manual mode, gear changes are quick and exactly as expected. When it's in automatic mode, there's often a shudder when it changes out of first gear, sort of like it shifted up to second, then back down to first then back up. Something, similar happens when cruising around 80-90 kph at a low-throttle. I can see the tachometer twitch up and down a bit and feel a slight shudder as if the car can't decide which gear to use. If i don't adjust the throttle imnput it seemed like it would continue indefinitely. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice, apart from just using manual mode? I'll probably take it to a dealership soon but thought I'd ask here too.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've got a 2020 Venue SEL with the CVT transmission and it recently started having trouble shifting when in D. There are no issues when it is in manual mode, gear changes are quick and exactly as expected. When it's in automatic mode, there's often a shudder when it changes out of first gear, sort of like it shifted up to second, then back down to first then back up. Something, similar happens when cruising around 80-90 kph at a low-throttle. I can see the tachometer twitch up and down a bit and feel a slight shudder as if the car can't decide which gear to use. If i don't adjust the throttle imnput it seemed like it would continue indefinitely. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice, apart from just using manual mode? I'll probably take it to a dealership soon but thought I'd ask here too.
A couple people here have reported weird CVT issue, definitely a rare occurrence, and would definitely consult with the dealership for warranty replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what I've read on other Kia forums, it sounds like your transmission is going. There should have been a recall on your transmission; if you haven't brought it in, you should do so now. A lot of IVTs in various models of Kias and Hyundais from 2020 and some 2021 have failed, but a software fix in mid-2021 supposedly solved the issue (time will tell...) It might be too late for your transmission, but if it's failing, they should replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
464 Posts
CVTs are an old technology in the industrial world, but they are relatively new in consumer vehicles. Definitely take it to your dealer and avail yourself of their famous ten-year warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2020 venue the CVT transmission went completely out I would suggest you get it to the dealership as quick as possible it is under warranty for 100,000 miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts