Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2022 Venue Essential - 6 Speed Manual - Polar white
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on Vacation in Peru and happened to see several Hyundai Venues there; with the 6 Speed Manual.
They all come with the 1.6 badge on the hatchback door, I don't know why the US/Canada version does not come with it.
I was only able to capture this one at a Parking lot.
Anyone else in this forum from Latin America with Venue Pictures? Please post if you can.

Thanks.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel

· Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
213 Posts
The Australian market also gets the 1.6 badge on the rear hatch. I found a site in India that sold the part, and had a drop shipper forward it to me. I wrote about it in this post:

· Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
213 Posts
If every Venue comes with the same 1.6L engine, it is kind of redundant to put on a badge for it, isn't it? It's not like it's a bragging point or anything.
Understood. I definitely didn't add the badge for bragging rights. A 120hp naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine isn't really much to brag about.

I really only did it because it was something unique, at least in North America. Back in my VW days in high school, we thought it was so awesome to rebadge our cars with European badges. Take off your Jetta badge and replace it with Bora.

Really not that different than the people who debadge or blackout their cars.

· Registered
2022 Fiery Red Limited (U.S. Model)
31 Posts
All Venues are powered by a 1.6l engine... However, in India, the Venue doesn't have the 1.6l engine and instead it is powered by an 82hp 1.2l NA 4cyl, a 118hp 1.0l Turbo 3cyl, and a 100hp 1.5l Turbo Diesel 4cyl...
I wish we had small turbo-diesel cars still available in the U.S. However, the VW fiasco, our stupid pollution laws, and the high price of diesel has pretty much killed it. Back in the 80's, Mitsubishi brought in the turbo-diesel mini trucks, and those things were amazing.

You could always get a Type R badge for the back. I had one on the back of my big diesel Mercedes van, just to tweak the rice-boys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts