Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have a Hyundai Venue 1.6 6 speed manual (123hp) and was curious if someone here with the same engine had the chance to test the top speed on the Hyundai Venue.

I don't think the dealership is right when they say its around 180kmh. Drove cars with fewer hp and achieved that speed on them

Registered
Hello everyone I have a Hyundai Venue 1.6 6 speed manual (123hp) and was curious if someone here with the same engine had the chance to test the top speed on the Hyundai Venue.

I don't think the dealership is right when they say its around 180kmh. Drove cars with fewer hp and achieved that speed on them
aerodynamics of a brick 馃檮馃榿...you could take it to the Nurburgring to see how she does 馃榾

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
Car and Driver lists the Venue Top speed (C/D est): 115 mph that would be 185 kph. Haven't come across anyone who actually has gone that fast.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car and Driver lists the Venue Top speed (C/D est): 115 mph that would be 185 kph. Haven't come across anyone who actually has gone that fast.
Yeah but most of those reviews are just estimations and not user-reviewer tested

Registered

I was only able to get mine up to 109 mph on flat road I have the CVT not the manual.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
I was only able to get mine up to 109 mph on flat road I have the CVT not the manual.
Wow that's still pretty damn quick. 175 kph! Must have been pretty noisy. I wonder if there may be a speed or rev limiter in the computer? Did you get to red line in top gear?

Registered
Wow that's still pretty damn quick. 175 kph! Must have been pretty noisy. I wonder if there may be a speed or rev limiter in the computer? Did you get to red line in top gear?
Yah I was redlining it. seemed like it was just limited by wind resistance. wind noise wasn't much more than doing 80 but the engine at red line was a bit noisy.

Registered
Seems I'd have to go and test it myself to see what I can do with the manual transmission, keeping the revs on the maximum :LOL:
I know there's a time and a place for everything so be careful...my Venue will be my daily driver taking the place of my now 20 year old daily driver, once it gets made and shipped...my toys though my many years [I'm 75 now馃檮] have been cars that I ordered and some were special orders and they were made for speed, and the big thing, are tires, so remember this when you do anything with speed馃槒...my past and present toys, are a 1967 Dodge R/T, 1970 Charger R/T and they had 440 engines, a 1973 Corvette Sting Ray, with a 454 engine, then married and kids and mortgages etc., and now have a rare 1999 Camaro SS convertible 6 speed manual with the LS1 engine which I ordered in 1999, my present and probably last toy unless I win a lottery馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know there's a time and a place for everything so be careful...my Venue will be my daily driver taking the place of my now 20 year old daily driver, once it gets made and shipped...my toys though my many years [I'm 75 now馃檮] have been cars that I ordered and some were special orders and they were made for speed, and the big thing, are tires, so remember this when you do anything with speed馃槒...my past and present toys, are a 1967 Dodge R/T, 1970 Charger R/T and they had 440 engines, a 1973 Corvette Sting Ray, with a 454 engine, then married and kids and mortgages etc., and now have a rare 1999 Camaro SS convertible 6 speed manual with the LS1 engine which I ordered in 1999, my present and probably last toy unless I win a lottery馃榿
Wow I'd only dream to get in some of those cars, love those old classic American muscle cars but sadly no one drives them here where I live on the balkans

Is the 1.6 engine in your Venue? Please take a video...lol.
Will definitely do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts