Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 2022 Hyundai venue SEL tonight for the first two hours I have loved it, but I have a question.

So in the morning
In these horribly cold Pennsylvania winters, I have to go downstairs and the parking lot in front of my building turn on the key to warm the car up and defrost the ice.

Now I noticed there's no key lock on the outside of the door. So how can I lock the car while it's warming up and then be able to come downstairs and unlock it.

I'm hoping I can lock it while it's running but I don't know if that's possible and then have the extra key fob to unlock it

Can I do that or how do I go about doing this

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Double tap the lock bottom (on the keyfob) then hold the circle arrow until it turns on, another option is using the bluelink app since you have the SEL

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
347 Posts
DIY | How to Unlock Car with a Dead Keyfob + (Bonus) Unlock Hatch from the Inside | Hyundai Venue Forum (venuedrivers.com)

There is a hidden key slot. Link above.

My car came with a remote start with app-control from factory.
I can set the temperature if I remote start with my phone.
If I remote start with my keyfob, it remembers the last AC/Heater setting used.

However, Hyundai sells after-market remote starters if you would like.
I have no idea how the after-market ones work.

2020-2022 Hyundai Venue Remote Starter - Free Shipping | Hyundai Shop

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DIY | How to Unlock Car with a Dead Keyfob + (Bonus) Unlock Hatch from the Inside | Hyundai Venue Forum (venuedrivers.com)

There is a hidden key slot. Link above.

My car came with a remote start with app-control from factory.
I can set the temperature if I remote start with my phone.
If I remote start with my keyfob, it remembers the last AC/Heater setting used.

However, Hyundai sells after-market remote starters if you would like.
I have no idea how the after-market ones work.

2020-2022 Hyundai Venue Remote Starter - Free Shipping | Hyundai Shop
Thanks.....very helpful

·
Registered
151 Posts
Your car came with 2 remote start FOBs. It'd be cool if you could just start the car with the keys/1st remote inside, then lock it and unlock with the 2nd lock.

Here in our area in Ohio, it's illegal to start your car and leave it unattended. I just go out and start it, shut door, then scrape the snow/ice while it warms up.

·
Super Moderator
Dark Nights: Death Metal
347 Posts
Your car came with 2 remote start FOBs. It'd be cool if you could just start the car with the keys/1st remote inside, then lock it and unlock with the 2nd lock.

Here in our area in Ohio, it's illegal to start your car and leave it unattended. I just go out and start it, shut door, then scrape the snow/ice while it warms up.
I am going to try that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts