Hyundai Venue Forum banner

What I've just done ???

4K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  imaddicted2u 
#1 ·
Just bought a brand new 2023 "Prefered" on a whim, unseen and delivery is expected in 2 weeks.
I've trade-in my 2017 Nissan Micra since the value was still very high...
I really don't know what to expect from the Venue since they were none in stock for a test drive...

#4 ·
I did the same thing. I made the downpayment without driving it.

Fell in love with the appearance from pictures.
Sealed the deal when I actually got to see it in person.

As long as the car is not driven off the lot, a sale is not completed so you may back-out.
Depending on your contract.

#7 ·
I have an 2022 Denim Ultimate and have been following the Venue since it first came out and got the Ultimate over the others in this class of Vehicles because it has it all...I never paid all that much by the various magazine and u-tubers that tested them because most of them test every thing from a Venue to a Ferrari and they get lost in their reports with 0 to 60 times and how the vehicles handle on race track's curves etc. and really have no idea why cars like the Venue were created...the Venue is a great Vehicle and has tons of power and is well made and great quality...it's not a Ferrari or a Rolls and I don't expect it to be.

You'll find you made a great choice!

#8 ·
Just bought a brand new 2023 "Prefered" on a whim, unseen and delivery is expected in 2 weeks.
I really don't know what to expect from the Venue since they were none in stock for a test drive...
Congrats, You have got the Micra successor. Of course bigger, faster, more fuel efficient, and a lot more expensive. I'm a Yank but I had a lot of fun in England 20 or so years ago. I saw one chugging down the Northway a few years ago and fell into a jealous rage. So let know your impressions onc3 you get it. I'm

#9 ·
Here's a site so you can compare your kilometer gas usage to mpg...on a the highway I've been getting 50+ miles per Imperial gallon which Canada has and it's around 47mpg US.

#10 ·
The Micra has been a great car for me. 0$ expenses apart from the tires and oil changes. Got it for 15000$ 6 years ago (Demo, 6000km) and Hyundai gave me 12500$ (47000km).
Coupled with the 4 speed AT, the 1.6l was a little on high side of fuel efficiency compared to other models of the same size. I suspect that the Venue may be a tad better since the engine is a bit more modern + IVT transmission. We rented an Elantra Touring from 2013-2018 with a 2.0l, while a more larger car, the average mpg was almost identical to the Micra.

#13 ·
The Micra has been a great car for me. 0$ expenses apart from the tires and oil changes. Got it for 15000$ 6 years ago (Demo, 6000km) and Hyundai gave me 12500$ (47000km).
Coupled with the 4 speed AT, the 1.6l was a little on high side of fuel efficiency compared to other models of the same size. I suspect that the Venue may be a tad better since the engine is a bit more modern + IVT transmission. We rented an Elantra Touring from 2013-2018 with a 2.0l, while a mor elarger car, the average mpg was almost identical to the Micra.
of course the mpg will be reflected as to how heavy a persons foot is 😉...I use the cruse control and the normal mod every time I hit the highways...in the 80 kph zones I'll mostly drive about 90kph unless traffic is very heavy and there's lots of up and down speed and in any of the higher speed zones from 90 and up I'll basically be at the speed or a bit more and I live in a small town so there's not a lot of town kilometers, and of course the winter months will be a cautious kph....so this I'd say is why I get very good mpg.

#11 ·
I agree. I am looking at the reviews and POV drive tests to get an overall feeling of the machine. Most car reviewers are spoiled by premiums cars that I would not want to have in my driveway.
Don't get me wrong, I could probably afford a Palisade, but with 2 kids and all the financial charge that goes with it, I prefer the Venue and good sleep at night ! ;)

#14 ·
I bought mine an a whim after shopping used cars for about 2 months with 140k + km on them
then this popped up with 50k.
I think you'll enjoy it,sport mode does a pretty good job at emulating the feel of a manual shift

My 1st car was an MK4 VW Golf..this feels like the adult version of that car.

My only quam is that i have the Denim/Trend model and it doesnt have 4 disc brakes even though like every other trim does 🤔

#16 ·
We bought our new venue in Sept. Sight unseen. Never even saw one on the road but we were looking for a small car good on gas and the Venue did not disappoint. The car is very comfortable and has a lot of bells and whistles. We just love it. As far as gas mileage I have gotten as high as 40.1 mpg in town and around 45 highway. I'm sure you will love it!!

#18 ·
I did the same but the 2016 Micra went to my niece the birthday girl. I ordered the Venue in August and received it beginning January here in Montreal and just like the Nissan Versa Note I had 8 years ago, the CVT is already driving me crazy!! My venue has 200 km on it and I already want to change to something else.

#19 ·
sorry to here you're having problems...I now have about 7300 kilometers on my 2022 Denim Ultimate and all my fears of the IVT are not met...I really can't see what people were complaining about and mine has more then enough power when I need it, especially for highway passing...almost all my driving is done in normal mod and sometimes snow mod...there's quite more of a difference in sport mod than I was expecting for this class and type of vehicle.

I followed the 4000rpm break in period which only took about 3 days to achieve, and as I have done with every vehicle I've had, I changed the oil and filter at about the 2000 kilometer mark, better safe then sorry, and after about 6 months and a little over 6000 kilometers I again changed the oil and filter.

Maybe I got an exceptional Venue because all is working to my satisfactions, touch wood!

The only problem I've had, which was the same with my previous daily drive, is with chipmunks and squirrels who are liking to use my engine for a place to store pine cones and other food stuffs...today I removed about 7 pine cones they were storing under the space where the battery is and I have a few cuts on the backs of my hands from sharp edges on the engine parts etc...I know the critters did all this since yesterday morning after the last time I used the car because every time I go to use my car at home I always check the engine compartment before start up. 🤷‍♂️😒🤣

#20 ·
Ah, the Micra! I rented one in the UK 20 years ago and went from John o'Groats to Lands End.Much Fun, esp on B roads, and about 10p/mile to run.
A few years ago coming out of Montreal down to here I spotted one heading south on the Northway. "Go little fella'" I crooned as it bravely chugged on at 65, surrounded by behemoths.
A Venus is a 20‘s version, albeit with more power and safety features. Similar spirit though.

#22 ·
My US SEL does. After about a month I'm getting used to it. The most prominent digit is RPM, on a flat road top is 1.2-1.4, somewhere around 40 mph, which means that except in school zones and the like you're OK. Above 60 the Venue will give you a pretty good, for it's not designed to be a dead quiet 80mph cruiser.
Obviouly different terrain makes the tach a poor guide, but then that's what cruise control is for.
Just do the metric conversion and enjoy.
One thing though, almost any kind of downhill will raise the speed. A lot. Not much rolling resistance. Cruise will do all that for you: 8 speeds and IVT are nice.
20 miles east west round trip to my dentist, hilly terrain, slow trucks, still 43 MPG. Too old to convert to lt/100km.

#24 ·
Thanks. I was still under novacaine, so a bit strung out. I didn't even consider you guys do Imperial. Now I have to figure out how much it costs to drive a mile buying gas in Canada with my Cos uhtco card which converts the charge to US and then gives me 4% back. In 1970 a VW beetle would be about a cent a mile. Allowing for inflation about the same now for our Venue. Ain't progress grand?

#25 ·
I had a 1971 Bug which was my daily driver back then, and my Venue is now my new daily driver taking the place of my previous daily 2002 neon that I had for 20 years...I usually get new vehicles because I keep them for at least 20 years or more...I always said that considering the price I paid for the 71 Bug and the service I got from it, I figured it was the best car I ever had, and it was the best winter vehicle as well...the only time I ever got stuck was when I tried going through some very deep wet snow and the car got bottomed out with it's flat bottom and the wheels barely touched the ground 🤣...I love my 2022 Venue and as far as gas mileage, I can change every thing from metric to the US measurement in the car setup, but for the thing like the mpg the website I posted, it works good enough.

#26 ·
Got my Venue ! So happy and the ride is real smooth ! I have the canadian Prefered version and my remote start does not work. The dealer was clueless about the cause and he is investigating.
I was told that it may be stuck in valet mode but I did not find any info about this on the web. I found nothing in the settings of the system so it may be a special sequence of things to do. Any comments or suggestions ?

#27 ·
I can't speak to the remote but - congrats ! And depending on how cold it gets where you are, test the horn when it's 25-c and colder. What colour did you get? I'm still sorry I couldn't get the green apple

#29 ·
Starting with the basics, does the remote lock and unlock the doors? When trying to start, are you pressing lock for a second then pressing and holding the start button until the light on the remote flashes?

#31 ·
Reactions: Cath
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.