Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a brand new 2023 "Prefered" on a whim, unseen and delivery is expected in 2 weeks.
I've trade-in my 2017 Nissan Micra since the value was still very high...
I really don't know what to expect from the Venue since they were none in stock for a test drive...

Seto Kaiba
Blue Eyes White Dragon鈩
I did the same thing. I made the downpayment without driving it.

Fell in love with the appearance from pictures.
Sealed the deal when I actually got to see it in person.

As long as the car is not driven off the lot, a sale is not completed so you may back-out.
Depending on your contract.

Registered
I have an 2022 Denim Ultimate and have been following the Venue since it first came out and got the Ultimate over the others in this class of Vehicles because it has it all...I never paid all that much by the various magazine and u-tubers that tested them because most of them test every thing from a Venue to a Ferrari and they get lost in their reports with 0 to 60 times and how the vehicles handle on race track's curves etc. and really have no idea why cars like the Venue were created...the Venue is a great Vehicle and has tons of power and is well made and great quality...it's not a Ferrari or a Rolls and I don't expect it to be.

You'll find you made a great choice!

Registered
Just bought a brand new 2023 "Prefered" on a whim, unseen and delivery is expected in 2 weeks.
I really don't know what to expect from the Venue since they were none in stock for a test drive...
Congrats, You have got the Micra successor. Of course bigger, faster, more fuel efficient, and a lot more expensive. I'm a Yank but I had a lot of fun in England 20 or so years ago. I saw one chugging down the Northway a few years ago and fell into a jealous rage. So let know your impressions onc3 you get it. I'm

Registered
Here's a site so you can compare your kilometer gas usage to mpg...on a the highway I've been getting 50+ miles per Imperial gallon which Canada has and it's around 47mpg US.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Micra has been a great car for me. 0$ expenses apart from the tires and oil changes. Got it for 15000$ 6 years ago (Demo, 6000km) and Hyundai gave me 12500$ (47000km).
Coupled with the 4 speed AT, the 1.6l was a little on high side of fuel efficiency compared to other models of the same size. I suspect that the Venue may be a tad better since the engine is a bit more modern + IVT transmission. We rented an Elantra Touring from 2013-2018 with a 2.0l, while a more larger car, the average mpg was almost identical to the Micra.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree. I am looking at the reviews and POV drive tests to get an overall feeling of the machine. Most car reviewers are spoiled by premiums cars that I would not want to have in my driveway.
Don't get me wrong, I could probably afford a Palisade, but with 2 kids and all the financial charge that goes with it, I prefer the Venue and good sleep at night ! ;)

Registered
The Micra has been a great car for me. 0$ expenses apart from the tires and oil changes. Got it for 15000$ 6 years ago (Demo, 6000km) and Hyundai gave me 12500$ (47000km).
Coupled with the 4 speed AT, the 1.6l was a little on high side of fuel efficiency compared to other models of the same size. I suspect that the Venue may be a tad better since the engine is a bit more modern + IVT transmission. We rented an Elantra Touring from 2013-2018 with a 2.0l, while a mor elarger car, the average mpg was almost identical to the Micra.
of course the mpg will be reflected as to how heavy a persons foot is 馃槈...I use the cruse control and the normal mod every time I hit the highways...in the 80 kph zones I'll mostly drive about 90kph unless traffic is very heavy and there's lots of up and down speed and in any of the higher speed zones from 90 and up I'll basically be at the speed or a bit more and I live in a small town so there's not a lot of town kilometers, and of course the winter months will be a cautious kph....so this I'd say is why I get very good mpg.

Registered
2020 Trend/Denim
I bought mine an a whim after shopping used cars for about 2 months with 140k + km on them
then this popped up with 50k.
I think you'll enjoy it,sport mode does a pretty good job at emulating the feel of a manual shift

My 1st car was an MK4 VW Golf..this feels like the adult version of that car.

My only quam is that i have the Denim/Trend model and it doesnt have 4 disc brakes even though like every other trim does 馃

Registered
I bought mine an a whim after shopping used cars for about 2 months with 140k + km on them
then this popped up with 50k.
I think you'll enjoy it,sport mode does a pretty good job at emulating the feel of a manual shift

My 1st car was an MK4 VW Golf..this feels like the adult version of that car.

My only quam is that i have the Denim/Trend model and it doesnt have 4 disc brakes even though like every other trim does 馃
the disc brakes was another reason why I got the 2022 Ultimate which gave me everything and I like the Bluelink that came with it and I'll probably renew it when it runs out after the 3 years...I was lucky to order it in Jan of 2022 and it finally came in in June.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts