Hyundai Venue Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Those final ratios are so close on the manual transmissions, you shouldn’t feel much in the pants. If anything the larger diameter tire will “suck” up a little more of the final drive to put you under 4.0, but no biggie. Offset should be money at 47. Now get some tires baby!

·
Registered
2020 SE, 6 Speed Manual
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Those final ratios are so close on the manual transmissions, you shouldn’t feel much in the pants. If anything the larger diameter tire will “suck” up a little more of the final drive to put you under 4.0, but no biggie. Offset should be money at 47. Now get some tires baby!
Probably will within the next few weeks. I'm looking at some Vredestein Quatrac Pros because they come in the OEM 205/55R17 size, and reviews seem to say that they're pretty quiet. I think the stock 15 inch Hankook Kinergy tires are ridiculously noisy. I'll definitely post pics when they're on.

I also need to put together a write-up for the roof rails I added over the winter :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Can’t find the wheels I want, so I will stick with the stock 17s for now, but I will probably go with 215/55/17 on the first tire change. This little guy wants sidewall and you can never have enough ground clearance in WV.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm going to put on all-terrains next! Most likely Momo M8 M-Trails 215/60r17
60 indeed! You are blowing up the diameter Moch…hope it doesn’t clip on full turn, but will look badass if it don’t.

·
Registered
173 Posts
60 indeed! You are blowing up the diameter Moch…hope it doesn’t clip on full turn, but will look badass if it don’t.
I have aftermarket wheels that are wider than stocks. 17x8 vs the stock 17x6.5. The ratio of 60 on an 8 isn't as bad compared to a 60 on a 6.5

21 - 28 of 28 Posts