Hyundai Venue Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Venue SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does Amazon and RockAuto and others have different sizes for the front? 22 & 17 for RainX then others it states 24 & 18 for 2021 Venues is this the same for the rear one as well…

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd err on side of caution and get the shorter ones so they don't hit the edges. I'd probably trust Rock Auto more than Amazon. That's where I buy all my consumables (wipers, filters, etc.), and they always fit, and the prices are great. I ordered a few sets for the Venue and the GF's car, but haven't installed them on the Venue yet, as it's only 8 months old.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ordered wipers from Michelin, which they sell at Costco.
F: 24" & 18" (Michelin); Rain-X Brand quoted size 22" & 17"
R: 11" (No non-OEM replacement available yet)

24/18 combo was a direct fit and same size as OEM from my testing (my car is ultra dirty from all the half-ass rains we've had here).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah, my stock wipers suck too. It rained all day today, and I could barely see out the windshield. Does anyone have a brand of "premium" wipers that they really swear by? I don't mind paying a lot for good performance where it really counts. Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah, my stock wipers suck too. It rained all day today, and I could barely see out the windshield. Does anyone have a brand of "premium" wipers that they really swear by? I don't mind paying a lot for good performance where it really counts. Thanks!
I like the Bosch ones from Rock Auto. Cheap and good. Also spraying some silicone lube on a rag and wiping your wipers with it helps a lot. Makes the blades move easier and makes them less prone to icing up in winter.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've stuck with Michelin & Rain-X throughout the years and for all my cars. It's quiet w/o streaks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've stuck with Michelin & Rain-X throughout the years and for all my cars. It's quiet w/o streaks
I've been using Rain-X as well and they only last for so long...my Venue was supposed to be made in March and now it's supposed to be made in April so I'm still driving my 20 year old Neon which needs a great deal of money spent on it because it still has it's original exhaust and suspension parts as well as many more original parts and it sits outside 24-7 year round so wiper blades take a beating especially from the sun and I refuse to spend any more money on it...one of the blades rubber part of my wiper blades start to separate from it's self and so I glued them back to each other with Gorilla glue and now they operate as good as new...over the years as I replaced them I kept the old ones in the trunk in case I was away from home and a working blade failed badly and need to be replaced I would put an old one on till I got a new one...I checked the old ones and those that had the rubber starting to separate I did the Gorilla glue thing to them and tried them and got the same good results...I also use the Gorilla tape on things and find their products work very good and from here on in if I get another wiper doing the rubber separating thing I'll use the glue again...the majority of blades I've had to replace was because of the rubber separating from it's self especially in the winter months.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Venue Preferred
298 Posts
Dealers seem hard up for cars. My dealer has maybe 6 new cars on the lot. Only 1 is a Venue. A black Essential.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I finally got fed up with my crappy wipers. I was passing a Jiffy Lube so I pulled in and asked if they had wiper blades for my 2020 Venue. They said sure, do you want regular or four-season? WTF? Do they make "summer only" wipers?

I asked for the best ones they had, and it was $42 including tax and installation. These things are MUCH beefier than the stock ones, and they work great.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I finally got fed up with my crappy wipers. I was passing a Jiffy Lube so I pulled in and asked if they had wiper blades for my 2020 Venue. They said sure, do you want regular or four-season? WTF? Do they make "summer only" wipers?

I asked for the best ones they had, and it was $42 including tax and installation. These things are MUCH beefier than the stock ones, and they work great.
Yep sadly they make an economy version of wipers which come standard on new cars which barely have any material on them. If you want a beefier, better made wiper it will cost more.

Rock Auto has great prices on beefier wipers. $42 sucks, but at least you will see better when it's raining or snowing.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm cheap, I just buy wiper refills like these. cut them to length and slip them in.
I'm so cheap I'm getting one of these to make them last even longer...lol.

• Love
Reactions: justin1138

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm cheap, I just buy wiper refills like these. cut them to length and slip them in.
I'm so cheap I'm getting one of these to make them last even longer...lol.
talking about cheap, my 20 year old daily driver that my Venue will replace has some bad blades on it and I'm not going to spend any more money on it...when ever I changed to new blades over the years I kept the used ones in my trunk in case one went bad and I would put an old one back on till I got around to getting a new one...so since the days are numbered on my 20 year old car and the wiper blades are going south on me I'm repairing them with Gorilla Glue....the glue is really good for gluing the rubber part that starts to come undone from the main rubber piece...after repairing 2 of the blades that were doing the rubber separation I put them on my car and they've been working like new for several weeks now...this works when the rubber piece that contacts the windshield starts to separate from the main rubber.😁

·
Registered
298 Posts
talking about cheap, my 20 year old daily driver that my Venue will replace has some bad blades on it and I'm not going to spend any more money on it...when ever I changed to new blades over the years I kept the used ones in my trunk in case one went bad and I would put an old one back on till I got around to getting a new one...so since the days are numbered on my 20 year old car and the wiper blades are going south on me I'm repairing them with Gorilla Glue....the glue is really good for gluing the rubber part that starts to come undone from the main rubber piece...after repairing 2 of the blades that were doing the rubber separation I put them on my car and they've been working like new for several weeks now...this works when the rubber piece that contacts the windshield starts to separate from the main rubber.😁
I was at my dealer for an oil change on Friday. They have NO new cars on the lot. Salesman is a buddy of mine, he was telling me he had to call the bank and explain that he would be behind in his payments. Feel sorry for for the folks in the car business.. This time last year the had 3 lots full of new cars to having nearly none for the past 6 months. Now they are telling customers they will be waiting until the end of May to get new cars on the lot.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was at my dealer for an oil change on Friday. They have NO new cars on the lot. Salesman is a buddy of mine, he was telling me he had to call the bank and explain that he would be behind in his payments. Feel sorry for for the folks in the car business.. This time last year the had 3 lots full of new cars to having nearly none for the past 6 months. Now they are telling customers they will be waiting until the end of May to get new cars on the lot.
I ordered my Ultimate at the end of January and Hyundai emailed me in February that it would be built in March and my priority sequence was 9 and then in they emailed me again saying it would be built in April and no this month they emailed me saying for sure this month and my priority sequence is 4...I don't know what priority sequence refers to unless it's got to do with having parts and the time my order was made...I figure if it does get built this month I still won't see it till the end of May because to get here to Ontario it has to go by ship and then by train from Vancouver. 🙄

·
Registered
298 Posts
I ordered my Ultimate at the end of January and Hyundai emailed me in February that it would be built in March and my priority sequence was 9 and then in they emailed me again saying it would be built in April and no this month they emailed me saying for sure this month and my priority sequence is 4...I don't know what priority sequence refers to unless it's got to do with having parts and the time my order was made...I figure if it does get built this month I still won't see it till the end of May because to get here to Ontario it has to go by ship and then by train from Vancouver. 🙄
Yep, sad you have to wait so long. Hope you get it sooner.

Reactions: venue1947
1 - 18 of 18 Posts